MultitrackStudio User Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: MTS and Izotope Neutron
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:09 pm 

Hi everybody, have a Problem in using MTS with the Izotope Neutron Plugin (32bit). By loading this plugin into a trackslot the track will get silent. Nothing to hear anymore on this track. By activating the bypass fuction the Output is ok again. So my question is, maybe someone has an experience with this izotope Software and knows about problems in using Neutron ? Think it is a Problem of izotope, i´m asking there,too. But maybe someone here can help also?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:44 pm 

Hi again, meanwhile I got a response by izotope and it seems that the issue has something to do with vst compability. So I searched in this forum vor vst3 and thats what I only found.

Question: (2011) I read somewhere that many new VST plugs are written so that VST3 implimentation is needed for true sidechaining? Is this true, and how does the MTS sidechaining compare?

Answer1:
Steinberg thinks you need VST3 for sidechaining, everyone else thinks VST2 will do ;-)

Answer2:
Steinberg, wasn't that a grocery store?

So my question now: Is MTS sitll lacking vst compatibility (vst2 and vst3), cause that seems up to now for me the reason, that izotrope neutron isn't working.

Here's what izotope customer service wrote to me:

AN 09, 2017 | 08:55AM EST
Josh replied:
Hi Helmut,

Apologies for the delayed response! We have been experiencing an unusually large ticket volume and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

I have looked into this and it appears that Multitrackstudio does not support the VST format; at the moment, only AU and VST2 compatible plugins can be scanned in and used in Multitrackstudio. Since Neutron is currently unsupported for this particular host program, it has not been actively tested for issues when used in Multitrackstudio. Because of this it is likely that there may be issues that occur such as the one you are experiencing when using Neutron in Multitrackstudio.

Again, my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. Thanks again, and let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
Josh

So I hope to get more information about the vst compatibility of mts and if there is hope for a solution in the future?

Thanks in advance, ........ h.tinnefeld

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:32 am 

MTS supports VST2 plugins, including sidechaining (see http://www.multitrackstudio.com/sidechainrouting.php).
Neutron is available as VST2 apparently (you wouldn't see it in MTS at all if it were VTS3 only).

There's probably a subtle compatibility issue between MTS and Neutron. I'll try to have a look at the Neutron demo version this week.

Giel Bremmers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:53 pm 

Hi Giel,

Sure enough, I have the same problem as Helmut.
Neutron works very well with Reaper, I think it comes from MTS.
I load the Neutron plugin VST2 but cut the sound of the track, and the same, if I bypass Neutron the sound is played.

Strange... :roll:

Sorry for my bad English. :mrgreen:

Thierry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:33 pm 

I've looked at the issue, but haven't found a solution yet. I've asked Izotope to shine some light on it.

Giel Bremmers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:13 am 

Thanks Giel !

We're waiting for news.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:34 am 

Yes, thanks very much. Hope there will be a solution.