Wish list for the next release

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
djchris73

Re: Wish list for the next release

Post by djchris73 »

Tighter resolution for "Transport Wheel" for control surfaces. Adjustable resolution would be great, too.

Support

Post by Support »

djchris73 wrote:Tighter resolution for "Transport Wheel" for control surfaces. Adjustable resolution would be great, too.
Note that the resolution depends on the editor zoom level, ie. if you zoom in the wheel becomes more accurate.

The editor zoom level can be controlled by a control surface too.

Giel Bremmers
djchris73

Post by djchris73 »

Support wrote:Note that the resolution depends on the editor zoom level, ie. if you zoom in the wheel becomes more accurate.

The editor zoom level can be controlled by a control surface too.

Giel Bremmers
Thank you, Giel. I see that now. I guess I just wanted a little more resolution at the particular zoom level.

What do you think of my control surface request for a REC button? Also, there is no loop function in MTS.

Support

Post by Support »

djchris73 wrote:What do you think of my control surface request for a REC button? Also, there is no loop function in MTS.
I think the best we could do would be to add a "Start Recording" action which would start transport only if there are any tracks in record mode (ie. the Play button shows a red triangle). Not sure if that's really worth the effort.
djchris73 wrote:Also, there is no loop function in MTS.
There's an action called 'Cycle'.

Giel Bremmers
djchris73

Post by djchris73 »

Support wrote:I think the best we could do would be to add a "Start Recording" action which would start transport only if there are any tracks in record mode (ie. the Play button shows a red triangle). Not sure if that's really worth the effort.
First, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I really do appreciate it.

Second, I want to tell you that MTS is the best multitrack recording program I have ever seen. For years I've used ProTools, Cubase and Sonar, but MTS is much easier to use, more affordable and a lot more fun. I love that MTS doesn't look cheap. I love all of the software effects, too. My control surface was a breeze for MTS to recognize. Painless plug and play.

My request wouldn't have you change the GUI, at all. Visually, everything would stay the same. What I'm requesting would be a small change in how a control surface would interface with the software.

Currently and historically, transport functionality in recording has almost always included a dedicated RECORD button. Most control surfaces (meant for recording), tape machines, CD burners, DAW softwares and MiniDisc recorders have a REC button.

Honestly, my motivations for requesting this are selfish :mrgreen: I'm so used to having a specific button to press when I want to record, that's all.

I think a lot of people who come across MTS for the first time might like to have that same feel that they are used to. I know the first time I worked in MTS, it felt weird to use the play button for playing and recording.

Again, thank you for taking the time to answer my question and consider my request.

sinbad

Post by sinbad »

djchris73 wrote:Honestly, my motivations for requesting this are selfish :mrgreen: I'm so used to having a specific button to press when I want to record, that's all.
Which means all the rest of us would have to get used to the new system :shock:
djchris73

Post by djchris73 »

sinbad wrote:Which means all the rest of us would have to get used to the new system :shock:
Not necessarily. Transport functionality would remain the same on the software's GUI.

Doesn't your control surface have a REC button?
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

I don't use a control surface, I go straight into my laptop via the sound card.
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

How about a remote app for android or iphones to control the transport. It would be great for recording. You could even charge extra for it :mrgreen:
Support

Post by Support »

sinbad wrote:How about a remote app for android or iphones to control the transport. It would be great for recording. You could even charge extra for it :mrgreen:
For the record: iOS apps like that do exist. And they come with a Windows/Mac program which acts like a MIDI input device, so MultitrackStudio can use it as a control surface.

Giel
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Do you know of any for Android?
Support

Post by Support »

sinbad wrote:Do you know of any for Android?
"TouchDAW" for example.

Giel
Dijon

Post by Dijon »

The one area IMO that still needs work is the VST folder. By that, I mean when you click the VST dropdown menu, all of your VSTs show up in one disorganized mess. Every other DAW nowadays - including the cheap ones - have some means to organize plugins (By category or whatever).

Or, am I missing some trick to group VSTs in the display? :?
djchris73

Post by djchris73 »

"MIDI Out" message for the LEDs that are assigned to REW and FFWD buttons.
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

A bigger window for the track names, about three times as long.