Cycling

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
André Giroux

Cycling

Post by André Giroux »

Can we get the Start Cycling button back and have it on the remote for iPad also please?
Support

Re: Cycling

Post by Support »

Well, nobody liked the way it worked but you and me. I'm not too keen on bringing the old behavior back.

Giel
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

Now I need to drag my mouse around in my pockets so I can get it to start cycling where I want too! :?
Support

Post by Support »

You can set the cycle start point to 'now' by pressing F7. Just like you can set the cycle end point using F8.

The MultitrackStudio Remote iPad app has a 'Cycle Set Start' button, which acts like pressing F7.

Giel Bremmers
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

Thanks, I'll try that out after supper!!! :mrgreen:
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

There's something I'm missing here or its not doing what I want to do! F7 opens the window that ask what I want to do, wait or do nothing! F8 open the window for the remote control settings :? Should I be able to start cycling where I want to after I selected the part I want to punch? I want to start cycling 15 to 30 second before the punch so I can play along with the song to get in the groove. Right now the only way I know how to do and get this, is with the mouse and don't like rodents !! :wink: pressing C+space starts transport but don't cycle. I'm probably sleeping standing up and missing the boat here :mrgreen:
Support

Post by Support »

André Giroux wrote:F7 opens the window that ask what I want to do, wait or do nothing! F8 open the window for the remote control settings
Those are Ctrl+R and Ctrl+F respectively. Perhaps you're actually using alternative functions of the keys rather than real F7/F8 key presses? It could mean 'refresh browser' and 'search' for example.
André Giroux wrote:Should I be able to start cycling where I want to after I selected the part I want to punch?
Yes
André Giroux wrote:pressing C+space starts transport but don't cycle.
This is expected behavior if there's no cycle region selected. Maybe that's why it doesn't work?

Giel Bremmers
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

I figured out why F7 and F8 don't work, it's because my keyboard has special functions programmed. Is there a button on the remote to start cycling like C+Space does?
Support

Post by Support »

The very last line of the relevant manual chapter has the answer: http://www.multitrackstudio.com/multitr ... remote.php :mrgreen:

Giel Bremmers
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

Thanks!!! I should have known the manual comes in handy!!! :mrgreen: Have a great weekend! Cheers!!!
Back to making music now! :wink:
André