Silence selected notes contained in a midi file?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
uncle808us

Silence selected notes contained in a midi file?

Post by uncle808us »

Is there a way to silence selected notes contained in a midi file?
The reason I ask is I use an AU Real Guitar and I don't want the strum or keystroke notes sounding in the exported midi file so I 'm wondering is there a way to set this up so they are not sounded but remain in the file?
Thanks.
Support

Re: Silence selected notes contained in a midi file?

Post by Support »

uncle808us wrote:Is there a way to silence selected notes contained in a midi file?
The reason I ask is I use an AU Real Guitar and I don't want the strum or keystroke notes sounding in the exported midi file so I 'm wondering is there a way to set this up so they are not sounded but remain in the file?
Thanks.
There's no way to silence notes.

You could copy and paste the track to a new MIDI track. Then delete the notes you want to get rid of (in the new track of course), and export this track.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Re: Silence selected notes contained in a midi file?

Post by uncle808us »

Support wrote:
uncle808us wrote:Is there a way to silence selected notes contained in a midi file?
Thanks.
There's no way to silence notes.

You could copy and paste the track to a new MIDI track. Then delete the notes you want to get rid of (in the new track of course), and export this track.

Giel Bremmers
Thanks Giel, looks like thats my option.