MTS and Izotope Neutron

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Helmut Tinnefeld

MTS and Izotope Neutron

Post by Helmut Tinnefeld »

Hi everybody, have a Problem in using MTS with the Izotope Neutron Plugin (32bit). By loading this plugin into a trackslot the track will get silent. Nothing to hear anymore on this track. By activating the bypass fuction the Output is ok again. So my question is, maybe someone has an experience with this izotope Software and knows about problems in using Neutron ? Think it is a Problem of izotope, i´m asking there,too. But maybe someone here can help also?
Helmut Tinnefeld

Re: MTS and Izotope Neutron

Hi again, meanwhile I got a response by izotope and it seems that the issue has something to do with vst compability. So I searched in this forum vor vst3 and thats what I only found.

Question: (2011) I read somewhere that many new VST plugs are written so that VST3 implimentation is needed for true sidechaining? Is this true, and how does the MTS sidechaining compare?

Answer1:
Steinberg thinks you need VST3 for sidechaining, everyone else thinks VST2 will do ;-)

Answer2:
Steinberg, wasn't that a grocery store?

So my question now: Is MTS sitll lacking vst compatibility (vst2 and vst3), cause that seems up to now for me the reason, that izotrope neutron isn't working.

Here's what izotope customer service wrote to me:

AN 09, 2017 | 08:55AM EST
Josh replied:
Hi Helmut,

Apologies for the delayed response! We have been experiencing an unusually large ticket volume and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

I have looked into this and it appears that Multitrackstudio does not support the VST format; at the moment, only AU and VST2 compatible plugins can be scanned in and used in Multitrackstudio. Since Neutron is currently unsupported for this particular host program, it has not been actively tested for issues when used in Multitrackstudio. Because of this it is likely that there may be issues that occur such as the one you are experiencing when using Neutron in Multitrackstudio.

Again, my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. Thanks again, and let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
Josh

So I hope to get more information about the vst compatibility of mts and if there is hope for a solution in the future?

Thanks in advance, ........ h.tinnefeld
Support

Post by Support »

MTS supports VST2 plugins, including sidechaining (see http://www.multitrackstudio.com/sidechainrouting.php).
Neutron is available as VST2 apparently (you wouldn't see it in MTS at all if it were VTS3 only).

There's probably a subtle compatibility issue between MTS and Neutron. I'll try to have a look at the Neutron demo version this week.

Giel Bremmers
Thierry

Post by Thierry »

Hi Giel,

Sure enough, I have the same problem as Helmut.
Neutron works very well with Reaper, I think it comes from MTS.
I load the Neutron plugin VST2 but cut the sound of the track, and the same, if I bypass Neutron the sound is played.

Strange... :roll:

Sorry for my bad English. :mrgreen:

Thierry
Support

Post by Support »

I've looked at the issue, but haven't found a solution yet. I've asked Izotope to shine some light on it.

Giel Bremmers
Thierry

Post by Thierry »

Thanks Giel !

We're waiting for news.
Helmut Tinnefeld

Yes, thanks very much. Hope there will be a solution.
Helmut Tinnefeld

Hi everybody,

would like to ask if there are any news about using Izotope Neutron in MTS, or if Izotope has given any help to solve this problem.

Thanks, ...... H.Tinnefeld
Support

Post by Support »

I haven't heard from Izotope, and nothing has changed as far as MTS is concerned unfortunately. Did Izotope release any updates of Neutron?

Giel Bremmers
Saz

Post by Saz »

Look in your VST folder and see if there any duplicate/similar Izotope product file/names.

I know it sounds nuts, but after a convoluted(Waves-like) install process on my system - Windows 7 (64-bit), MTS Pro (64-bit), version 8.4 - I eventually found 2 sets of Izotope dll's in my MTS VST folder...

The 1st ones listed... iZOzone7Elements.dll, iZNeutronElements.dll, iZOzoneSBImager.dll - would not work right, but must be present in the folder for these (also in the folder)to work right... Ozone 7 Elements.dll, Neutron Elements.dll, Ozone Imager.dll

FWIW... In trying to get these to work, I had read that Izotope plugins don't like spaces in the file path and for a while I thought that was my problem, but the above turned out to be my problem.
Helmut Tinnefeld

Hello again,
I´ve tried a new Version (2) today and it works. But this solution would cost me another 175 Euro as an update.
I´ve asked izotope for an update patch for Version one, lets see what will happen, but I´m not optimistic.

A nice evening to everybody, ..... H.Tinnefeld