MTS Drawbar Organ

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
railway mark

MTS Drawbar Organ

Post by railway mark »

Recent MTS adopter here... I was looking for a nice Hammond B3 drawbar organ VSTi the other night only to discover that the one included in MTS sounds really darned good! In fact, I absolutely love it compared to any freebies that I could find. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is the lack of ability to turn the "virtual Leslie" rotator speaker emulation on and off. Has anyone found a satisfactory workaround, or am I missing an option somewhere? Thanks in advance for your valuable input!

-Mark
uncle808us

Re: MTS Drawbar Organ

Post by uncle808us »

railway mark wrote:Recent MTS adopter here... I was looking for a nice Hammond B3 drawbar organ VSTi the other night only to discover that the one included in MTS sounds really darned good! In fact, I absolutely love it compared to any freebies that I could find. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is the lack of ability to turn the "virtual Leslie" rotator speaker emulation on and off. Has anyone found a satisfactory workaround, or am I missing an option somewhere? Thanks in advance for your valuable input!

-Mark
I'd like to know this too.
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

I ssem to have lost mine :evil:
Where is it located? It doesn't show up in the plugin folder.
Support

Post by Support »

railway mark wrote:Recent MTS adopter here... I was looking for a nice Hammond B3 drawbar organ VSTi the other night only to discover that the one included in MTS sounds really darned good! In fact, I absolutely love it compared to any freebies that I could find. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is the lack of ability to turn the "virtual Leslie" rotator speaker emulation on and off. Has anyone found a satisfactory workaround, or am I missing an option somewhere? Thanks in advance for your valuable input!
The first effect slot contains a Rotor effect. You can bypass it, tweak it or even remove it.

Giel Bremmers
Support

Post by Support »

sinbad wrote:I ssem to have lost mine :evil:
Where is it located? It doesn't show up in the plugin folder.
It's called Wheel Organ:

Giel Bremmers
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Duh :roll:
I just realised that I had to define a midi track before I could see it. :lol:
railway mark

Post by railway mark »

Support wrote: The first effect slot contains a Rotor effect. You can bypass it, tweak it or even remove it.

Giel Bremmers
Thanks for the quick reply Giel! It's so nice to hear directly from the developer :)

I played with the "rotor" effect, and there are lots of helpful adjustments, especially regarding the mic settings. However, I still do not see a way to "spin up" and "spin down" the rotor motor emulation. Aside from tone and key click, this is IMO one of the most important characteristic elements of the Hammond/Leslie combo. Perhaps I will need to turn to a third-party VST to fill this roll?

I was surprised to find such a great Tonewheel organ sound built into MTS in the first place, so if I need to source a third-party Leslie speaker VST, it shouldn't be a big deal.

-Mark
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

I also would like the ablity ( key switch ) to spin up and spin down.
Support

Post by Support »

uncle808us wrote:I also would like the ablity ( key switch ) to spin up and spin down.
The Rotor effect's rotation speed can be controlled with the Modulation (#1) controller.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Support wrote:
uncle808us wrote:I also would like the ablity ( key switch ) to spin up and spin down.
The Rotor effect's rotation speed can be controlled with the Modulation (#1) controller.

Giel Bremmers
Cool Thanks perfect.