Setting up MIDI Keyboard

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
smolly

Setting up MIDI Keyboard

Post by smolly »

Hello,
I recently downloaded Multitrack Studio Lite, and I have followed all the instructions, however my Alesis Q49 MIDI keyboard does not seem to be playing. I see that it says Q49 in the input MIDI device section, so the system recognizes it, but there is nothing that comes out when I play.

Any help will be grateful, thanks.
Lytz1

Re: Setting up MIDI Keyboard

Post by Lytz1 »

smolly wrote:Hello,
I recently downloaded Multitrack Studio Lite, and I have followed all the instructions, however my Alesis Q49 MIDI keyboard does not seem to be playing. I see that it says Q49 in the input MIDI device section, so the system recognizes it, but there is nothing that comes out when I play.

Any help will be grateful, thanks.
Probably you know this, but Just to make sure:

a) Did you put the play button into "practice mode"? (double click on it, so that it is grayed out and a little "p" is inside the play box?)

or b) did you try to enable record?

(You can't hear an instrument responding to incoming midi notes when you have neither of these two options enabled,
but then again, probably you know this already.)

Best,
tL.
smolly

Post by smolly »

How do you enable record? And yes, I've enables practice mode and it's still not working.

Thankyou so much!
Lytz1

Post by Lytz1 »

smolly wrote:How do you enable record? And yes, I've enables practice mode and it's still not working.

Thankyou so much!
Well, you should hear something in practice mode already.

When you want to record, you just click the record button right beside the play button
for the midi track you want to record on...

You could try to record something anyways. Because even if you *don't* hear
anything you should still see the midi notes being recorded.

At least then you know that there is indeed Midi information coming into MultitrackStudio.
If *not*, (i.e. no Midi Notes are recorded at all) then this is a setup problem for sure.

Best,
tL.