Plugins that don't work?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Support

Plugins that don't work?

Post by Support »

You may have seen some AU plugins that don't work OK with MultitrackStudio are mentioned in another thread. That's being worked on. I thought it would be a good idea to have a look at Windows plugins as well. Any VST plugins that don't work?

Giel Bremmers
Support

Re: Plugins that don't work?

Post by Support »

I'll go first :mrgreen:

MUX Modular Synth crashes in the 64 bits version of MTS. It works OK if it runs 'bridged' though, that's why this 64 bits plugin works OK with 32 bits MTS.

Giel Bremmers
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Cakewalk L-Phase EQ and Multiband Compressor
Focusrite Surfer EQ Boogie
Soundtoys Tremolator (works somewhat, but the gui cannot expand correctly to allow access to parameters)
BeyerDynamic Virtual Studio
Thierry

Post by Thierry »

Auburn Sounds >> Panagement Enterprise Edition free version
Izotope neutron
Lytz1

Post by Lytz1 »

KV331 Synthmaster on OSX VST and AU does strange things.

When you instantiate the plugin and open the GUI, you can play it. (you hear the audio)
When you try to record it, it doesn't work. (no audio)

When you play along with the GUI open and then do (Save performane to Clipboard) and paste it to the track,
it does paste the data but doesn't play back. (no audio)

Just to make it clear, Channel is set correctly.

This indeed happens with some plugins, which makes checking even more difficult, because you need to record some notes first
and then test it on playback, if indeed the plugin is working. It seems that it is not enough to just open the plugin and see if it loads.

Best,
tL.
Lytz1

Post by Lytz1 »

Most Expert Sleepers plug-ins make trouble as well.

For example Meringue:
VST Version GUI doesn't open at all. (Small black box instead of GUI)
AU Version opens fine, but no audio is processed. (Not even going *into* the plugin. )

Best,
tL.
Support

Post by Support »

Lytz1 wrote:KV331 Synthmaster on OSX VST and AU does strange things.
I don't see any problems. I can record some MIDI notes and play them back again. Using 'copy live performance to clipboard' and then pasting it in an audio track also works. Do you have the latest version of Synthmaster? Or perhaps I'm missing something?
Lytz1 wrote:For example Meringue:
VST Version GUI doesn't open at all. (Small black box instead of GUI)
Fixed that right away :-)

Thanks for reporting plugin issues!

Giel Bremmers
Lytz1

Post by Lytz1 »

Support wrote: I don't see any problems. I can record some MIDI notes and play them back again. Using 'copy live performance to clipboard' and then pasting it in an audio track also works. Do you have the latest version of Synthmaster? Or perhaps I'm missing something?
Hmm. True. I updated and now both versions work fine.
Support wrote: Fixed that right away :-)
Ah, that's good news.. 8)
Kimmage

Post by Kimmage »

Damn I wanted to use Focusrite.
Thierry

Post by Thierry »

Do not worry, Giel is working hard to fix the problems.
Helmut Tinnefeld

Post by Helmut Tinnefeld »

... just to keep it in mind,

izotope neutron is also not working, any news about the problem?

ht
Thierry

Post by Thierry »

Yes, he knows it for Neutron is in his list of plugins that does not work with MTS.
I hope with the next update everything will work, but I think it's a hard working for Giel.
Support

Post by Support »

@Lytz1: you've sent quite a few error reports where MTS quit on unloading a Nuance AU plugin. What plugin is that? I tried Nuance from New Sonic Arts, but I don't think that's the one. I can't get it to crash ;-)

Thesys has the same problem by the way. I managed to get MTS to show a nice error dialog instead of quitting, I'm pretty sure this will also be the case with your Nuance problem.

Giel Bremmers
Support

Post by Support »

Helmut Tinnefeld wrote:izotope neutron is also not working, any news about the problem?
Neutron still doesn't work unfortunately. It doesn't even read the audio signal it receives from MTS. I told Izotope, and they would pass my information to the development team. I don't think I can get this to work without their help.

Giel Bremmers
Lytz1

Post by Lytz1 »

Support wrote:@Lytz1: you've sent quite a few error reports where MTS quit on unloading a Nuance AU plugin. What plugin is that? I tried Nuance from New Sonic Arts, but I don't think that's the one. I can't get it to crash ;-)

Thesys has the same problem by the way. I managed to get MTS to show a nice error dialog instead of quitting, I'm pretty sure this will also be the case with your Nuance problem.

Giel Bremmers
It is indeed Nuance from New Sonic Arts. I do not know if you have access to the latest versions in case you use the Demo version?
Also, I didn't notice that indeed Nuance cause any crashes. Maybe connected to sample banks I use?
(So that when unloading Nuance INCL. the samples might cause problems, not unloading Nuance itself alone?)

Best,
tL.