multiple input sources

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
claytoncramer

multiple input sources

Post by claytoncramer »

I would like to record from a Scarlett 2i2 and stero mike on my PC's input audio jack. The manual says to click the down arrow next to Rec button to pick an input source. I don't get such a choice. The menu gives me Delay Before Recording and a couple other choices. I'm sure that I am doing something slightly wrong, but I can't find any help in the manual.
Support

Re: multiple input sources

Post by Support »

claytoncramer wrote:I would like to record from a Scarlett 2i2 and stero mike on my PC's input audio jack.
You can use just one audio input device at a time.
claytoncramer wrote:The manual says to click the down arrow next to Rec button to pick an input source.
That's about an audio track's Rec button, not the text-with-a-down-arrow at the top of the screen.

Giel Bremmers
claytoncramer

Post by claytoncramer »

Support wrote:
claytoncramer wrote:I would like to record from a Scarlett 2i2 and stero mike on my PC's input audio jack.
claytoncramer wrote:The manual says to click the down arrow next to Rec button to pick an input source.
That's about an audio track's Rec button, not the text-with-a-down-arrow at the top of the screen.

Giel Bremmers
So multitrack means record one track at a time?
claytoncramer

Post by claytoncramer »

claytoncramer wrote:
Support wrote:

Giel Bremmers
So multitrack means record one track at a time?
So this explanation http://www.howtogeek.com/61037/how-to-r ... taneously/ of how to do that with MultiTrack is wrong?
Support

Post by Support »

claytoncramer wrote:So this explanation http://www.howtogeek.com/61037/how-to-r ... taneously/ of how to do that with MultiTrack is wrong?
Indeed. Well, the story is probably right, but you can't do what the title suggests.

Giel Bremmers
Support

Post by Support »

By the way: you can of course use the free Asio4All driver, which can wrap multiple audio devices into a single virtual ASIO device. MultitrackStudio can use this virtual ASIO device, so you can use multiple audio devices simultaneously.

Giel Bremmers