'Rename Track' and some other "new" questions...

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Lytz1

'Rename Track' and some other "new" questions...

Post by Lytz1 »

Howdy.

- I wonder if there is any specific reason that a track gets cleared and has to reload completely including Instrument and plugins
when renaming? What is the purpose of that?

And once again some more automation stuff:

- Is it possible to snap automation points to the grid as well? (If not it might be helpful to add a "position" field to the
"Edit" function besides the value.)

- Is there no "Select part" mode in automation view? Just point selection?

- Are there perhaps also some "hidden" key commands for the output mixer? (I found out that all MTS internal plugins can be nearly completely
controlled via keyboard, which is very cool. And I didn't see that mentioned anywhere, that's why I am asking...)

(If not it would be nice if the O.M. could accept keyboard entry as well because it is very convenient
and fast to open/close add/remove plugins and change volume with the keyboard.)

- What kind of files can the Convolver load? I have quite some IRs (all .wav-files)
but it seems that some work, some don't. I couldn't figure out why some are loaded and some are not.

Thanks & best,
tL.
Support

Re: 'Rename Track' and some other "new" questions...

Post by Support »

Lytz1 wrote:- I wonder if there is any specific reason that a track gets cleared and has to reload completely including Instrument and plugins when renaming? What is the purpose of that?
Sometimes things that seem obvious are actually a lot of work ;-)
Lytz1 wrote:Is it possible to snap automation points to the grid as well?
No. Will consider that.
Lytz1 wrote:Is there no "Select part" mode in automation view? Just point selection?
There's just point selection.
Lytz1 wrote:Are there perhaps also some "hidden" key commands for the output mixer?
No
Lytz1 wrote:(I found out that all MTS internal plugins can be nearly completely controlled via keyboard, which is very cool. And I didn't see that mentioned anywhere
The shortcuts you've found are actually a feature of the Windows version. In the Windows version you press the Alt key, and all possible shortcut keys appear underlined in the UI. You really should try Windows if you like the keyboard so much ;-)
Lytz1 wrote:What kind of files can the Convolver load?
All audio files that can be openened in a track. Please send a copy of one that won't load to support@multitrackstudio.com.

Giel Bremmers