Windows Audio Driver Device Issue

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
holzy1

Windows Audio Driver Device Issue

Post by holzy1 »

I have a new Toshiba Satellite P55W-C5200X, System 10, 64bit. I get no signal when trying to record using MTS. It seems MTS does not recognize the "windows" audio driver device. When I press the "input" button the note appears "disabled because the sound device doesn't support this". I didn't have this problem which the previous Toshiba computer I had; it was not system 10. Can you please advise what needs to be done. I have used MTS for several years and it really works well for my at home recording hobby. WTH
Support

Re: Windows Audio Driver Device Issue

Post by Support »

Please send a report (see http://www.multitrackstudio.com/contact.php). Perhaps there's a clue in there.

Giel Bremmers
holzy1

Post by holzy1 »

Thanks - I tried to send the report via email on my computer and I got the following message - System Administrator - Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:
Sent: 2/25/2017 3:15 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'support@multitrackstudio.com' on 2/25/2017 3:15 PM
None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.
holzy1

Post by holzy1 »

I tried again on a separate email and it appears that it went out. Thanks
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks. It says the audio device is in use, so there's something else using it apparently. I'd try restarting the computer.

Giel Bremmers
holzy1

Post by holzy1 »

Thanks - I shut everything down and rebooted. Still no input activity. Just to try something else I downloaded WavePad Sound Editor (not very good sound recording), and it works. So a signal is getting to my computer/audio driver. I just sent you another report to see if anything changed. Thanks again.
Support

Post by Support »

The 'in use' problem is gone now. Looks like you've picked the wrong audio input device. Go to Studio --> Preferences --> Select Devices, and the pick 'Microphone Array' as audio input device. It's now set to 'Stereo Mix'.

Giel Brremmers
holzy1

Post by holzy1 »

Great - that resolved the problem!! Thanks so much.