Problem with mixing audio

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
moxol

Problem with mixing audio

Post by moxol »

When I click Mix down to audio file, the start of wave file have some sound like reverb, it's like a remnant of some instrument.

I don't know how to fix that, can you help me?
sinbad

Re: Problem with mixing audio

Post by sinbad »

Without knowng the details, I would suggest that you look at each track and clean up the start. You can do that by selecting the track right up to the start of the audio and either delete the section or turn the volume down to zero in that section.
moxol

Post by moxol »

sinbad wrote:Without knowng the details, I would suggest that you look at each track and clean up the start. You can do that by selecting the track right up to the start of the audio and either delete the section or turn the volume down to zero in that section.
There aren't any notes at start, I have a one blank measure before start of song.
I saw this happening with every song I made. When there are many tracks and VSTi in use, then it's more often happening. I can clear that in wave editor, but it's annoying bug.
K-N-M

Post by K-N-M »

I notice some VSTi's have an issue, where they go off when simply pressing the transport start/stop, even when no MIDI notes are present to be played.

On projects with instruments that cause this for me:
Before mixing down, I press the transport start stop a few times on an empty bar in the beginning, until I hear 100% silence and don't see any meters lit up, hit stop before it reaches the song start / notes, and then I do a mix down. This way I do not get anything "extra" in the beginning of my song / project. Some plugins definitely do not get along with MTS entirely, and either get the trail reverb from them lightly going off, or full meter screech which can be brutal if monitor volume is high!

I think there is definitely some sort of issue here, but hasn't been a big deal to me and I work around it, not all VSTi's have this issue. So many different VST's and VSTi's out there, I just assume it isn't easy to make sure they are all 100% problem free in every DAW.

So are you using the same VSTi's in many projects / songs? (often the case) This could explain why you get it in most of your projects.

If this is different than what you are dealing with, hopefully you get it figured out. Good luck with it either way.
moxol

Post by moxol »

K-N-M wrote:I notice some VSTi's have an issue, where they go off when simply pressing the transport start/stop, even when no MIDI notes are present to be played.

On projects with instruments that cause this for me:
Before mixing down, I press the transport start stop a few times on an empty bar in the beginning, until I hear 100% silence and don't see any meters lit up, hit stop before it reaches the song start / notes, and then I do a mix down. This way I do not get anything "extra" in the beginning of my song / project. Some plugins definitely do not get along with MTS entirely, and either get the trail reverb from them lightly going off, or full meter screech which can be brutal if monitor volume is high!

I think there is definitely some sort of issue here, but hasn't been a big deal to me and I work around it, not all VSTi's have this issue. So many different VST's and VSTi's out there, I just assume it isn't easy to make sure they are all 100% problem free in every DAW.

So are you using the same VSTi's in many projects / songs? (often the case) This could explain why you get it in most of your projects.

If this is different than what you are dealing with, hopefully you get it figured out. Good luck with it either way.
Yes, you have the same problem as I do.
I use same VSTi's in songs, not sure which one causing the problems.
My opinion is that it has some memory issues and that's why reverb is going off on start.
Support

Post by Support »

You can probably work around the issue by playing a couple of silent seconds (after the end of the song for example) before mixing down.

MTS tells the VST plugin to clear its buffers. Looks like some plugins fail to do that. I'd be interested to hear some plugin names that have this problem.

Giel Bremmers
moxol

Post by moxol »

Support wrote:You can probably work around the issue by playing a couple of silent seconds (after the end of the song for example) before mixing down.

MTS tells the VST plugin to clear its buffers. Looks like some plugins fail to do that. I'd be interested to hear some plugin names that have this problem.

Giel Bremmers
Reverb goes off even on first start of song, after loading song.

VSTi plugins that I have seen go off reverb are:
VibroMaster http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=2126
MT Power Drum Kit 2 (Free) http://www.powerdrumkit.com/download76187.php I noticed reverb on HiHat notes
MB Virtual Brass (Trial) http://www.mbaudiolab.com/mb-virtual-brass.html Reverb goes off on Alto and Baritone Sax

Hope this helps.
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks. I've tried VibroMaster, and I can see the issue. In this case it's not reverb actually: the plugin just keeps playing the notes it was playing when transport stopped.

Giel Bremmers
moxol

Post by moxol »

Support wrote:Thanks. I've tried VibroMaster, and I can see the issue. In this case it's not reverb actually: the plugin just keeps playing the notes it was playing when transport stopped.

Giel Bremmers
Can you solve this?
Support

Post by Support »

moxol wrote:Can you solve this?
Maybe. MTS could let plugins process a couple of seconds of silence when transport stops. This would hopefully silence most plugins that don't respond to 'all notes off' MIDI messages.

Giel Bremmers
moxol

Post by moxol »

I have to revive this thread again.

I have problem with Ample Bass P Lite II and Ample Guitar M Lite II VST's.

I load .hdr and on start playing you can hear noise in tracks with both VST's.

I don't how to solve this, I tried suggestions in previous posts but they don't work.
Support

Post by Support »

moxol wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:15 pm I load .hdr and on start playing you can hear noise in tracks with both VST's.
Does this happen the first time you start transport after opening the song? That would make it a different issue than what this thread was about.

Details please :mrgreen:
Did it work before saving and reopening the song?
What kind of noise is it?

Giel Bremmers
moxol

Post by moxol »

Support wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:16 pm
moxol wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:15 pm I load .hdr and on start playing you can hear noise in tracks with both VST's.
Does this happen the first time you start transport after opening the song? That would make it a different issue than what this thread was about.

Details please :mrgreen:
Did it work before saving and reopening the song?
What kind of noise is it?

Giel Bremmers
Yes, it happens first time and every next time, it doesn't matter if its 0 bar or n-th bar.

Noise is something like click.
That sound is also triggered when you switch track to playback mode.
Also is triggered when you stop transport.
It's weird, I didn't have this issue when using this plugin with earlier versions.
Support

Post by Support »

Do you use the VST2 or VST3 versions of these plugins?

Giel Bremmers
moxol

Post by moxol »

VST2