Cover of I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better by the Byrds

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
firefly

Cover of I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better by the Byrds

Post by firefly »

Hey guys - my old band, ECHO, had a "reunion" after 30+ years and we recorded some songs using MTS. Here is one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPMHu2_rUuQ

we posted on YouTube with a bunch of old publicity photos. I mixed and recorded it on MTS 7.3, another bandmate scanned in the pictures, and here is what we ended up with. The photos remind me of how young and thin we were at one time. Anyway, give it a listen and let me know what you think. I hope all of you enjoy....I love the sound of a 12 string Rickenbacker!
sinbad

Re: Cover of I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better by the Byrds

Post by sinbad »

I remember the thin days as well. :mrgreen:
Great song and a great band, nice harmonies. I though the vocals were a tad loud, as I remember the Byrds they blended in more with the music, more like your other videos. I'm mightily impressed, Mr. Tambourine Man sounds as good as a live Byrds version any day!! Great :D

Firefly- this might interest you "From the Byrds to the Eagles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3FvWSvZx4U
firefly

Post by firefly »

Thanks for the kind words, Sinbad.

On the original, the vocals were blended in a bit more, you're right, but when I mixed it I intentionally kept them a bit more up front.

I see you found Mr. Tambourine Man as well...that was done live in a room in Jesup, GA in December of 2012 with the microphone built in to a cam recorder - thus the limited EQ response and "strange compression" algorithm. I just love me the sound of a 12 string Rick.....
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

Great job and it brings back old memories. thanks for sharing! :)