TO LOVE SOMEBODY....MTS FOR iPad At Its Best!

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
KenHardy

TO LOVE SOMEBODY....MTS FOR iPad At Its Best!

Post by KenHardy »

OK, so check out mt latest, greatest MTS for iPad recording: http://soundcloud.com/drdrdaddeo/to-lov ... al/s-KxoTn

This is a copy of the Bee Gee's original fully-orchestrated song, "To Love Somebody" as recorded by my musical collaborator, Dave Laroquette (New Orleans, La.) and myself (Jackson, MS). The music was played in real time track-by-track and most of it was recorded to MTS in my iPad Air using an entry level Griffin Studio Connect iPad interface. The percussion track is a simple 4/4 loop imported from EZ Drummer. The bass is a Fender precision (dry to MTS), the rhythm guitar is a fender Strat (dry to MTS), and there are four stereo vocal tracts. All the above were recorded by Dave to Digital Performer on a Mac Mini in New Orleans, DropBoxed to AudioShare in my iPad Air, and pasted into my MTS App. The remaining seven stereo tracks (violin, French horns, cello, harp, oboes, trumpets, trombones) were extracted by ear by me from the original Bee Gees recording, then played and recorded one-by-one, from my Kurzweil Pc1x keyboard over a 12 hour marathon recording session. Four more hours were then spentby me comfortably in bed, iPad and brandy in hand and studio headset over ears, doing final track/song editing and mixdown before saving the song to AudioShare in both .wav and .m4a formats. Only version #3 is posted above (version #1 has an additional 2-part harmony accapello ending, and version #2 has a 4-part harmony accapello ending.

Several things make this recording unique: There are 15 full stereo MTS tracts of audio, each with one to three effects loops built in, as well as one mono click track (muted in the recording).... thus maxing out the full track capacity of this version of MTS. Yet there were no latency issues, glitches, or dropouts whatsoever, and the song plays at 16 bit resolution in my iPad air using only 14% of the CPU. The recording quality is CD level and the entire projected was recorded just for fun. However, it turned out so damn well that Dave and I now intend to perform the song live, using the MTS program to provide whatever backing tracks and vocal harmonies we may choose to output at any moment into our PA system.... instant orchestra and killer full band live performance from only two fat old farts. Thank you MTS for iPad (and Giel, please seriously consider my post/request for updating the track view default to FULL-ZOOM OUT, to make MTS projects of this nature much easier and faster. Ken Hardy