Demo Reel for a "jazz" project.

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
tmon

Demo Reel for a "jazz" project.

Post by tmon »

https://soundcloud.com/losakatombros

This was to get some demo recordings done for one of my "jazz" projects. The guys didn't want to spend money or deal with their "psychological" issues of going into a real studio, so I had to foot the bill on most of the expenses. Damn broke-arse musicians, hehehe.

It was a live recording in one room. The upright bass definition was a bit weak as I had a bad cable from the pickup and the AKG 414 used in front of it was picking up a lot of piano due to proximity of placement and reflection, plus I couldn't get the piano player to agree to recording with the lid closed.....I have a lot to learn in terms of mixing, but posting this just to confirm that MTSPro performed in stellar fashion. I sure wish more musicians would give this rock-solid software a try instead of mindlessly following the marketing hype of other over-priced software programs.

Original tracks were recorded dry, at 24bit/48kHz.

Focusrite Sapphire Pro24 DSP chained together with Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 PreAmps....earthworks piano mic system on the grand, (2) AKGC1000s drum OH's, SM57 on the kick, SM58 on the snare, another Shure dynamic on the alto sax, AKG C414 on the bass, a Countryman cardiod on the wall in PZM fashion as an omni room mic.
sinbad

Re: Demo Reel for a "jazz" project.

Post by sinbad »

Well done tmon. You may be able to bring the bass up with some eq, but for a live recording it is pretty good.
In fute you want totell the guys if they don't want to spend money on a studio then they have to do it your way :D