Some calm piano music

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
renatuscartesius

Some calm piano music

Post by renatuscartesius »

My newest album was completely recorded, edited and produced with MultitrackStudio and some VSTis and VSTs from the Native Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate bundle. It works really well together, there were no flaws or any crashes.

All songs were made using The Grandeur in Concert Hall preset with some minor changes in the room settings except Track 9 "Outer Space" which uses The Grandeur in Chamber Music Hall preset and a lot of room. Additional I've used two synths at "Outer Space" FM8 with the presets Abandoned Toyfactory and Silk, Replica VST (a delay) and RC48 (reverb). My master settings were Supercharger GT with some soft compression, the Passive EQ Plugin with some soft cuts in Low, Low Mid and High and the Master Limiter of MTStudio. After Mixdown with 96kHz and 24 bit all songs were normalized to -1 db (with Adobe Audition :oops:) which results in a Dynamic Range of 12 for the full album.

My songs are soft and romantic most of the time. Sometimes freely improvised and sometimes composed. It varies.

Maybe you want to give it a listen: https://renatuscartesius.bandcamp.com/album/dualism
sinbad

Re: Some calm piano music

Post by sinbad »

Fabulous!
Saz

Post by Saz »

sinbad wrote:Fabulous!
Couldn't agree more! Nice job!

I would like to know how you got NI's Replika to work with MTS. It almost always crashes my PC MTS (latest version). Are you running the Mac version?
renatuscartesius

Saz wrote:
sinbad wrote:Fabulous!
Couldn't agree more! Nice job!

I would like to know how you got NI's Replika to work with MTS. It almost always crashes my PC MTS (latest version). Are you running the Mac version?
Thank you!! :)

NI Replika runs out of the box without any flaws. At the moment I'm using an older version of MTS (latest 7 branch), I would test it with MTS 8, but I didn't buy the upgrade yet. And of course I'm using Windows 7 x64.

But I got another strange behaviour since the latest NI Komplete 10 update, at every first start (of MTS) while loading a song with in example 5 Komplete Kontrol VSTis MTS freezes. After killing it with Taskmanager and start it again the song loads fine without any problems.
Saz

Post by Saz »

renatuscartesius wrote: But I got another strange behaviour since the latest NI Komplete 10 update, at every first start (of MTS) while loading a song with in example 5 Komplete Kontrol VSTis MTS freezes. After killing it with Taskmanager and start it again the song loads fine without any problems.
That pretty much describes my problem with Replika. Maybe one out of 6 times it worked fine(kept trying different things), but mostly was like you describe with "the latest NI Komplete 10 update".

I've since read that NI is trying something different with graphics processing. I have a feeling that's the root cause of the problem. We need Geil on the case. :)
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

I have similar problems with Replika so I stopped using it. Maybe MTS 8.1 will be better.
renatuscartesius

sinbad wrote:I have similar problems with Replika so I stopped using it. Maybe MTS 8.1 will be better.
Have you tested MTS 8.1 yet? Are the problems with NI VSTs fixed? I'm not sure if I should get the upgrade to MTS 8.1..