Two new Alternative/Progressive Rock Songs

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
renatuscartesius

Two new Alternative/Progressive Rock Songs

Post by renatuscartesius »

Hey :)

Besides my piano project I'm playing some other instruments like guitar, bass and synths and writing some songs with a good friend of mine. Two of this songs are now (finally! :) ) finished and I think more to come in the future :)

What are you thinking about my new tunes? Do you like mixing/mastering and the sound in general?

The first song is called "Arctic Sunset" with a dynamic range of DR10: https://soundcloud.com/rc_piano_tunes/arctic-sunset-1

Track facts:
[*] 29 Tracks, 6 Groups, 3 Effect Returns
[*] VSTis used: Abysnth, The Giant, Abbey Road 80s Drummer
[*] VSTs used: Guitar Rig 5 („VOX AC30“, „Lead HiGain“, „Shimmer Delay“), Solid Dynamics, Replika, RC48, VC160, Solid EQ, Enhanced EQ, BIAS Amp, Chorus, Compressor, EQ, De-Esser, RC24
------------------------
The second song is called "Unsettled" and will be our part for a studio competition (of a local recording studio): https://soundcloud.com/rc_piano_tunes/u ... d-v5-final

Track facts:
[*] 36 Tracks, 6 Groups, 3 Effect Returns
[*] VSTis used: Abysnth, The Giant, Studio Drummer, Action Strikes, Reaktor, Orchestral, Rise&Hit
[*] VSTs used: BIAS_FX, VC160, Supercharger GT, RC48, Replika, Solid Bus Comp, Compressor, De-Esser,
Saz

Re: Two new Alternative/Progressive Rock Songs

Post by Saz »

Thoughts after one listen ...

"Arctic Sunset" - the drums become an annoyance to me(the sound and machine-like cadence). I think real, "Big" drums might be nice.

"Unsettled" - I like the drums :) maybe just a touch less level or a bit more reverb.

Overall, I like the tunes and mixes - with the above exceptions.
renatuscartesius

Re: Two new Alternative/Progressive Rock Songs

Post by renatuscartesius »

Saz wrote:Thoughts after one listen ...

"Arctic Sunset" - the drums become an annoyance to me(the sound and machine-like cadence). I think real, "Big" drums might be nice.

"Unsettled" - I like the drums :) maybe just a touch less level or a bit more reverb.

Overall, I like the tunes and mixes - with the above exceptions.
Thank you Saz! :)

Yeah... The drums are a bit complicated in Arctic Sunset. I've tried several different sounds and drum plugins. Other drum plugins I've tried didn't work at all in the context of this song. I think one of the problems are the many layers and less "free" frequencies to get the drums punchy and good sounding. But I'll take a look at the drums again for sure, because a good friend of mine said, the drums are sounding like they're standing in the bathroom... : :shock:
In "Unsettled" this will be a minor and fast change :)

Thank you for your listen and your review :)