Lend me your ears

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
sinbad

Lend me your ears

Post by sinbad »

Hi all,
I am making a cd with some standards on it and need some feedback on this. I found the backing as a midi file on the net and fooled around with it a bit and added some vocals.
As my ears aren't what they used to be (qualitatively speaking that is) I would appreciate some candid comments on the mix.

The link was bad but I have edited it, so try again

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjt34m0vzek5q ... 7.mp3?dl=0
Saz

Re: Lend me your ears

Post by Saz »

Sounds cool and "rat-packish" and good as-is.

But, being one not to leave good enough alone :) a +3.5 dB Shelve at 100 Hz(MTS EQ) added a nice touch to the low end here.

Have you played with "autotune" on the vocals?
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

I took off most of the bottom end up to 80Hz because it sounded rather boomy to me. I had the stock mts vocal tuner on the vocal tracks, is it noticable?. There are two vocal tracks as I recorded with two mics taped together. They are different types so there is a different colouring right and left.
Anyway, I have inserted a low end boost and removed the vocal tuner as I couldn't really hear a great difference. See what you think.

BTW Thanks a ot for your input :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hi5g8ku9774f ... 8.mp3?dl=0
Saz

Post by Saz »

It sounds well balanced to my ears now - keep in mind they are not what they used to be either.

I don't think the vocal tuner was having any great positive effect. Could be mind/ear games, but I think the vocals sound more natural with this last mix. Did you use any de-essing?

At any rate - great job!
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Thanks again for listening Saz. I didn't use any de-essing on the vocals. I wouldn't know how to set it up anyway :mrgreen:
I think I'll call it a day at that as I have to get a cd together for Christmas as a surprise for the wife.