Need MIDI track volume help

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Winn

Need MIDI track volume help

Post by Winn »

I am using MTS to create midi tracks and am noticing volume controller 7 in the track edit screens defaults to 100. Can this be changed? I am using external sound modules. When I add a node near beginning of track on the controller line to adjust the midi volume it works but then when I stop and restart playback somewhere in the middle of the song, it restarts each time at volume level of 100 even though the graph line for the controller value may show a lesser amount :(

Winn
Support

Re: Need MIDI track volume help

Post by Support »

Winn wrote:but then when I stop and restart playback somewhere in the middle of the song, it restarts each time at volume level of 100 even though the graph line for the controller value may show a lesser amount
Oops, that's bug :oops:
It's obviously supposed to use the current value when transport starts. Actually, all controllers work correctly except for volume (#7).

This will be fixed in the next release.

Giel Bremmers
Winn

Post by Winn »

Thanks Giel,

That is so good to know it is fixable, that will really help my workflow because right now if I stop in middle of a song to do edits and then restart, everything is LOUD. But at least in the meantime I can say that the exported MIDI files write the volume and other controllers, so that the file plays as I want.

Winn
Winn

Post by Winn »

Hi Giel,

I am noticing that lately the volume, once again, is not using current values when transport is stopped and restarted.

Winn
Support

Post by Support »

Winn wrote:I am noticing that lately the volume, once again, is not using current values when transport is stopped and restarted.
Strange. Are you still running the 2.6 version? Do you have multiple tracks using the same MIDI channel?

Giel Bremmers
Winn

Post by Winn »

iPad 2

iOS 9.3.5

MTS 2.6.0
Winn

Post by Winn »

Connected to my system via Alesis iodock
Winn

Post by Winn »

I haven't done enough investigating / work lately to know if same problem is happening with all controllers or just volume cc7