"Vocal Tuner" Development?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
K I N G

"Vocal Tuner" Development?

Post by K I N G »

Hi Giel,

Hope your well.

I finally bought this app last week, after waiting for another apps update for so very long... Still waiting..

Anyway, I immediately bought the IAP. The main reason I bought this app is because of the "Vocal Tuner" which could be used for a number of things.

I was a little disappointed in the quality and lack of features in this department. (Keys, select and move notes etc etc..)

I did do a lot of googling before hand, to find out more about this feature with this app, but there was not a lot to see.

YES! I was/am looking for something similar to Melodyne etc...

To be honest it was my only reason for purchase, as I have so many apps/Daws already.

Can you tell me with certainty if you will/are developing this feature and to what extent etc..

Cheers,

KING777

PS, I have used it to build tracks so I know where things are, also the Au update is good. (Doubt if I'll be plunging into iOS 9 anytime soon though).

But I do get a good vibe when using the app! Just need to justify me spending so much for a feature I can't use...
Support

Re: Vocal Tuner Development?

Post by Support »

There are currently no plans for the Vocal Tuner.

Giel Bremmers
K I N G

Re: Vocal Tuner Development?

Post by K I N G »

Ok! Cool..
vince-noir-99

Re: "Vocal Tuner" Development?

Post by vince-noir-99 »

Hello! New to tablet music here, found MTS and love it! Its interface concept is strange at first but ultimately wins my preference compared to other programs which rely on traditional computer DAW design.
Anyway, I'm writing because I'd like to know if at this time there's any planned advancement for the Vocal Tuner.
As K I N G, I guess what I was expecting a more fluid editing (like most desktop DAWs and their Melodyne-style approach). Since MTS is the only app (afaik) to offer such feature, I can only speculate it must be intensive work to be ported onto the mobile platform (?). Just curious to know... I would make great use of it. Thanks!
KenHardy

Re: "Vocal Tuner" Development?

Post by KenHardy »

I'm afraid I must strongly agree with the above posts. Vocal tuner is the effect I need and use most often within MTS for iPAD, and yet I find it extremely inefficient, difficult to use, highly inaccurate, and frankly illogical. It is impossible to manually move out of tune notes exactly to where you want them to be under any circumstance, and with short duration notes and/or notes which cross above and below the note ranges of the vocal tuner window, the effect is useless. Unless long durations are chosen, vocals sound very clipped and mechanical. Because the range a note can be retuned is very limited and difficult to control, I must often use the transpose feature of the track editor to highlight incorrect vocals, transpose them as needed, then vocal tune them afterward to try to get them into tune......usually leaving me with clipped-sounding vocals which are useless. The new iPad Air Pros have 2-4 times the ram memory of older iPads (2-4 gig instead of 1gig), so memory limitations should no longer that big of an issue. It would be extremely useful to iPad Pro users if an In-App purchase option for an updated (more CPU intensive) vocal tuner were available. I would be more than happy to beta test any such new option.
I cannot thank Giel enough for the new Stretch function as well as the Bluetooth MIDI features, both of which I requested from this forum, and both of which are just superb. A more user friendly and effective vocal tuner effect would indeed be a wonderfully powerful addition to MTS for iPad.

Dr. K.