Multi midi editor update

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Littlewoodg

Multi midi editor update

Post by Littlewoodg »

Hi Mr Bremmers!
Wasn't it only 15 minutes ago that you released the last update? (I'm not saying slow down...)

Multi-midi editing (feature I've found very useful in my Windows copy of MTS!) has come to the iPad pro. I'm hoping this is a feature that can be made available for my Air 2. Is this feature beyond the capacity of my not-iPad-pro?
Support

Re: Multi midi editor update

Post by Support »

I don't think the Multi MIDI Editor works well on a 'normal' iPad because of the screen size. You need some space to show multiple instruments.

Giel Bremmers
carnbot

Post by carnbot »

I hope it gets released for the Air 2 as well. I think it could work since you could just scroll up and down like a normal piano roll. Although I've not used it on the desktop version to compare the workflow.

Fingers crossed the the multtrack audio editor is coming too... :)
A.I.R.Studio

Post by A.I.R.Studio »

We need more track colours. We need a better transport control. Loop point markers. Better CPU performance on the iPad Pro. 16 empty midi tracks uses 25-35% cpu on play with no midi notes playing and no outside plugins inserted on the iPad Pro. We need track loading templates. Vertical zoom. Load/Save snapshots. Metronome and tempo controls that are visible without creating a click track. The sideways graphic for mixing is just weird. It would make sense to have a normal looking scrollable mixer for the iPad Pro. But the worst is that MTS is almost impossible to see on the largest iPad ever made. The lettering is as small as on an iPad mini. Yes I can see 17 tracks at once but its so small that it defeats having a large screen iPad Pro. The transport area has so much more room but is empty and yet also very tiny graphics and no visible transport controls to take advantage of this new space. So thats just weird. Totally unusable for me as it is. I have Auria Pro and I can see everything so well and its packed with graphics so Im not getting this look of yours or what experience your trying to provide iPad Pro users.
Support

Post by Support »

A.I.R.Studio wrote:Loop point markers.
You can tap the transport counter and choose 'Set Cycle Start' or 'Set Cycle End'. How would your loop point markers be different?
A.I.R.Studio wrote:Vertical zoom.
Audio and MIDI editors can zoom vertically, even the score editor. What else would you like to zoom vertically?
A.I.R.Studio wrote:But the worst is that MTS is almost impossible to see on the largest iPad ever made. The lettering is as small as on an iPad mini.
You must have largest mini ever made :mrgreen:
MTS on iPad Pro is actually scaled a tad larger than on a regular iPad.
A.I.R.Studio wrote:The transport area has so much more room but is empty and yet also very tiny graphics and no visible transport controls to take advantage of this new space.
If everything gets bigger the empty space is pretty much gone, so there'll be no room for extra controls. There's certainly room for improvements (pun intended).
A.I.R.Studio wrote:I have Auria Pro and I can see everything so well
Enjoy it while you can. As far as I know MTS is one of the very few audio apps that actually even tries do something iPad Pro specific. Other apps will get smaller controls, mark my words :wink:

Giel Bremmers
Dzynek

Post by Dzynek »

n-Track Studio with multi midi editor on Iphone.

http://en.ntrack.com/ios-multitrack-studio.php
A.I.R.Studio

Post by A.I.R.Studio »

Ok the proof is in the screenshots. I couldnt find a way to upload an attatchment on this forum so here are the google drive links for the two iPad screenshots. First one is the iPad Air and the second one is the iPad Pro. I dont own an iPad mini Gel but clearly you can see that the iPad Pro text and controls are smaller than an iPad mini view. Just try tapping mute and solo acurately on the iPad Pro. Not easy to do. The vertical zoom is to view whatever screen Im on so that I can see and touch things acurately.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzDRL ... GRLTGJoMW8

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzDRL ... 29DVW9xc3c

Dont get me wrong I have been an original users of this app from its first release but I cant really enjoy the iPad Pro experience with this app so far. I also wont pay more fore graphic adjustments as that should simly be part of a developers work to maintain their app. I dont mind paying for new features but not graphic updates.
Support

Post by Support »

A.I.R.Studio wrote:Ok the proof is in the screenshots. I couldnt find a way to upload an attatchment on this forum so here are the google drive links for the two iPad screenshots. First one is the iPad Air and the second one is the iPad Pro. I dont own an iPad mini Gel but clearly you can see that the iPad Pro text and controls are smaller than an iPad mini view.
I'm sorry but this simply isn't true. Use a ruler and you'll find everything is actually slightly bigger on the iPad Pro compared to the Air.
A.I.R.Studio wrote:Just try tapping mute and solo acurately on the iPad Pro.
Yeah, these buttons are small indeed. They're not smaller on iPad Pro though.

Giel Bremmers