New iOS

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
KenHardy

New iOS

Post by KenHardy »

I am running MTS in my IPAD AIR under iOS version 8.2.2, and it is working fine. I need to update to 9.2 and wonder if MTS has experienced any unforeseen problems with this updated Apple iOS?

Thanks,
Ken Hardy
Support

Re: New iOS

Post by Support »

KenHardy wrote:I need to update to 9.2 and wonder if MTS has experienced any unforeseen problems with this updated Apple iOS?
No.

Giel Bremmers
KenHardy

Post by KenHardy »

Thanks, that's reassuring! Importantly, does anyone know if the iPad's lightening USB port is still capable of delivering 100mA of power under iOS 9.2?? I would like to continue using my HRT Microstreamer to DAC output MTS sound from my iPad into earphones as well as into my sound system. Under iOS version 8.1.2, my iPad Air's USB outputs a max of 100mA, just enough to perfectly power the HRT Microstreamer (which draws 98mA) without external power, yielding very high quality 24bit sound from MTS. I read somewhere that higher iOS versions would reduce iPad USB output to 50 MA, obviating use of the HRT Microstreamer anymore. Does anyone know the max power output of the iPad's lightening USB Port under iOS 9.2? Alternatively, has anyone successfully used the HRT Microstreamer with an IPad running iOS version 9.2. There is no going back to 8.1.2 once 9.2 is installed, so I'm reluctant to upgrade my iOS if I might lose the incredible clarity of MTS's sound when outputted through my Microstreamer DAC (especially for live performance using MTS For backing tracks).

FEEDBACK WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.
Thanks, Ken Hardy
KenHardy

Post by KenHardy »

Since I received no feedback from anyone, I bit the bullet and updated my iPad AIR to iOS 9.2 (despite HRT TECHNOLOGIES e-mailing me and warning me against doing so because the Microstreamer might not work). I tested the connection first with an iPhone 5 updated to iOS 9.2, and it worked fine. And guess what, my HRT MICROSTREAMER STILL OPERATES PERFECTLY WHEN LIGHTENING-TO-USB CAMERA CONNECTED TO MY IPAD AIR VERS 9.2 EXACTLY AS BEFORE (and without the need for a powered USB hub). Clearly then, the iPad Air's lightening connector is still capable of outputting 100mA of power with either iOS VERSION 8.1.2 or 9.2. Thankfully, I am now receiving all the benefits of iOS 9.2 in my iPad without compromising the superb 24bit sound of MTS recordings outputted from my MICROSTREAMER's DAC. I hope this is useful to the forum. There is simply no comparing the high resolution sound from the Microstreamer's DAC to the mediocre stereo sound from the analog port of any iOS, MAC, ANDROID OR WINDOWS DEVICE. Happily, the MICROSTREAMER seems to work beautifully with all such devices. You owe it to yourself to listen to the difference.

Ken Hardy