Piano Roll Editing and On Screen Keyboard

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
r_gately

Piano Roll Editing and On Screen Keyboard

Post by r_gately »

Greetings,
I just purchased MultiTrackStudio for iPad and think it is the best ios sequencer that I've purchased so far, compared to: GarageBand, Cubasis, Meteor, ProMidi, etc.

Piano Roll Editing...
I wish that I could add/delete, move and change note length by touching the note and dragging - just like MTS for Windows and other ios sequencers such as GarageBand, Cubasis. You could add this feature without changing anything else or have a setting that switches between the two modes. It seems more intuitive to manipulate the note directly but it is probably easier to be accurate if using the handles at the bottom and right sides of the display.

On-screen Keyboard...
I'm grateful that MTS records Poly Aftertouch from my external keyboard. But what would also be nice is if the MTS on-screen keyboard could generate velocity, poly aftertouch and do smooth glides (like GarageBand) when used in conjunction with other ios synths that respond to poly aftertouch.

Anyway still learning and discovering, thanks for a great ios multi track sequencer.

Bob
Support

Re: Piano Roll Editing and On Screen Keyboard

Post by Support »

[quote="r_gately"I wish that I could add/delete, move and change note length by touching the note and dragging - just like MTS for Windows and other ios sequencers such as GarageBand, Cubasis.[/quote]
There's a "Handles for MIDI notes" setting in the Studio --> Preferences pane.

Giel Bremmers
r_gately

Re: Piano Roll Editing and On Screen Keyboard

Post by r_gately »

Ahhh, Thank you for pointing that out to me about the Handles setting in Preferences.