Recording Poly Pressure and Glide from Other iOS apps

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
r_gately

Recording Poly Pressure and Glide from Other iOS apps

Post by r_gately »

Greetings,

I was trying out all of my iOS synth apps that support Poly Aftertouch and those that have on-screen keyboards that let you vary the sound by moving your finger vertically on a key or gliding smoothly across the keyboard. MTS records Animoog's vertical and horizontal finger movement just fine, but I cannot say the same for other apps such as: Nave, WaveMapper, Alchemy, XK-1.

Is the reason that I'm not able to record the finger movement from these apps because they do not send the data? Or is there something else I'm missing? If it is the app(s), I will contact the manufacturers and ask them to make all of the on-screen keyboard data available to other apps, like AniMoog does .

Ultimately, I would like the sequencer to have a better on-screen keyboard than the apps themselves. Better because it fully supports/records poly aftertouch and glides (of course velocity too). That way, I get comfortable using one consistent keyboard. For reference, I think that GarageBand has the best on-screen keyboard.

Thanks,
Bob
Support

Re: Recording Poly Pressure and Glide from Other iOS apps

Post by Support »

I've you can record notes from the synth app's keyboard everything seems to be set up OK. So it looks like these apps don't send MIDI controllers for certain movements.

Giel Bremmers
r_gately

Re: Recording Poly Pressure and Glide from Other iOS apps

Post by r_gately »

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

So, the various synth apps are not sending the controller data that they use for vertical and horizontal finger movement. Then I will ask them to please make the controller data available. Fortunately, I can point to AniMoog as an example of how it should work.

Is it possible to make the MTS keyboard generate/send/record poly aftertouch (vertical motion) and the iOS synth will respond to the poly aftertouch while being recorded? This would be a good approach if it can be done. Especially if smooth glide can also be recorded and sent.

Anyway, thats all,
Thanks,
Bob