On Screen Keyboard

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
r_gately

On Screen Keyboard

Post by r_gately »

Greetings,

I mentioned the on screen keyboard before, in a general way, but now I want to make a specific suggestion.

I wish that MTS had an on screen keyboard capable of generating and sending poly aftertouch and smooth glides to any synth app that supported it (AniMoog, Nave, iM1). Then I would not have to exit MTS to play the other synth keyboard.

Some iOS synths that support poly aftertouch don't have on screen keyboards that can generate it, so being able to generate poly aftertouch from the sequencer's own keyboard would make up for this deficency. Also, there is a lack of consistency between the various on screen keyboards which makes it a little difficult to adjust one's playing, so it would be nice to have just one keyboard to play.

The Garage Band keyboard is the best example of a great on screen keyboard because it does generate poly aftertouch, glide smoothly from note to note and velocity. Unfortunately, with GB I cannot record MIDI data (and a few other things) from other synth apps - fortunately I now have MTS.

I wish for the best on screen keyboard to be built into MTS. It would generate: true velocity, poly aftertouch, glide and be polyphonic.

Thank you for making MTS,

Bob