MAudio keystation mini 32 problems

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Dad54

MAudio keystation mini 32 problems

Post by Dad54 »

I am having a lot of trouble connecting an MAudio keystation mini32 to the app as it won't recognise any of the onboard synths, au synths or IAA synths
Auto detect is ticked but no sounds
I am also getting a lot of clicks and distortion when using IAA on apps like sunrizer (and the iPad keyboards )
Any advice much appreciated

Thanks
Support

Re: MAudio keystation mini 32 problems

Post by Support »

Dad54 wrote:I am having a lot of trouble connecting an MAudio keystation mini32 to the app as it won't recognise any of the onboard synths, au synths or IAA synths
You need to go to the Studio menu's Devices pane and select the Keystation Mini 32 as "Midi Input Device".
Dad54 wrote:I am also getting a lot of clicks and distortion when using IAA on apps like sunrizer (and the iPad keyboards )
You can increase the Audio Latency in said Devices pane. Note that you need to kill all other audio apps first, as iOS will refuse to change latency while other audio apps are running.

Giel Bremmers
Dad54

Post by Dad54 »

Thanks very much great help
Just one more piece of advice please;
No problems using audiobus and a single synth, but when I try and add chordpolypad into the audiobus chain to control the synth, I can't get any input into MTS. I'm sure it's a settings issue but your guidance would be appreciated
Thanks again for your great support for users
Support

Post by Support »

Dad54 wrote:No problems using audiobus and a single synth, but when I try and add chordpolypad into the audiobus chain to control the synth, I can't get any input into MTS.
I'm not sure what you're trying to do exactly. Do you want to send chordpolypad's MIDI output to a synth app, rung the synth's audio output through some audiobus effects, and record the audiobus output to MTS?

Giel Bremmers
Dad54

Post by Dad54 »

I'm trying to use chordpolypad to trigger a iOS synth then record the output into MTS. ideally it would be good to find a way to record audio or midi.
I do use the chord input pads in MTS but would like a wider choice than Maj7th/7th/6ths. If it were possible to assign the input pads with the chord options available through the 'expand to chord' in midi edit mode, it would be perfect !
Finally Giels, how do I convert a midi track with virtual midi instrument to audio as it doesn't seem to have the 'copy to audio track ' option
Thanks for your time, your support is really appreciated.
Support

Post by Support »

Dad54 wrote:I'm trying to use chordpolypad to trigger a iOS synth then record the output into MTS. ideally it would be good to find a way to record audio or midi.
The easiest way to do this is to use AudioBus I think: Load the synth in the audiobus Input slot, and MTS in the output slot. Connect chordpolypad to the synth. In MTS set up an audio track to record audiobus.
Dad54 wrote:Finally Giels, how do I convert a midi track with virtual midi instrument to audio as it doesn't seem to have the 'copy to audio track ' option
There's no way for MTS to 'see' the synth's audio output automagically. You can record it to an audio track manually using AudioBus: load the synth in the AudioBus input slot, and MTS in the output slot. In MTS set up an audio track to record audiobus, and then start transport to record the track.
Dad54 wrote:Thanks for your time, your support is really appreciated.
I'm sorry for the slow reply :oops:

Giel Bremmers
Dad54

Post by Dad54 »

Thanks for the advice and no need to apologise
I am grateful for your guidance