MTS v. 2.7 update

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
stubbsonic

MTS v. 2.7 update

Post by stubbsonic »

I just gave the new selection/single-mode setup a try. I think getting rid of the modes does remove some complication.

The idea of lassoing from the lower left upward makes sense, in that you can see the notes you want to lasso before you lasso them. Though, a left-handed person would be blocking their selection with their left hand as they go up. It might be nice to be able to re-arrange the handed-ness in preferences. (I'm a righty, so it doesn't bother me).

The time range selection works very well.

Adding new notes is now pretty tedious. Press-hold-drag-down... one note, change length. Repeat. Fortunately, I usually don't work that way.

It's complicated trying to work out a perfect editing scheme for a touch-screen. There are always compromises & sacrifices. This seems to strike a pretty good balance and is clever.

Two-finger dragging isn't used for anything. I'd have thought that it could have been used to scroll (rather than one finger). But I'm probably missing something important.
Support

Re: MTS v. 2.7 update

Post by Support »

stubbsonic wrote:The idea of lassoing from the lower left upward makes sense, in that you can see the notes you want to lasso before you lasso them. Though, a left-handed person would be blocking their selection with their left hand as they go up. It might be nice to be able to re-arrange the handed-ness in preferences. (I'm a righty, so it doesn't bother me).
Note that once lassoing has started you can move in any direction. You don't necessarily have to start below the notes you want to lasso.
stubbsonic wrote:Two-finger dragging isn't used for anything. I'd have thought that it could have been used to scroll (rather than one finger). But I'm probably missing something important.
Two-finger dragging moves the editor without changing transport position. I think most iOS users expect scrolling to work with one finger.

Giel Bremmers
stubbsonic

Re: MTS v. 2.7 update

Post by stubbsonic »

Ah. Those make sense. You've clearly given this PLENTY of thought! Nice work.