Question about Pro pack "multichannel audio playback"

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
MNielsen

Question about Pro pack "multichannel audio playback"

Post by MNielsen »

Hello forum!

I am a new member here because I am thinking about buying MultitrackStudio. I already own Auria Pro and Cubasis but I am not happy about their storage memory footprint (about 1GB)m and so MTS seems a nice and capable alternative. My workflow is old school in that I always record audio (IAA), "bouncing" midi tracks for sync if neccessary, and never rely on midi tracks for final mixing.

My question is if understand it correctly that you can not play back more than one track of audio without buying the Pro pack?
Support

Re: Question about Pro pack "multichannel audio playback"

Post by Support »

MNielsen wrote:My question is if understand it correctly that you can not play back more than one track of audio without buying the Pro pack?
No, that's not correct.

Without the Pro Extension all tracks are mixed down to stereo, and this mix is sent to the audio output. This is what one would typically do.

If you have a multichannel audio device the Pro Extension allows for things like routing tracks to audio output channels directly. This can useful if you want to use external (hardware) effects processors for example. Looks like you don't need this.

Giel Bremmers
MNielsen

Re: Question about Pro pack "multichannel audio playback"

Post by MNielsen »

Support wrote:
MNielsen wrote:My question is if understand it correctly that you can not play back more than one track of audio without buying the Pro pack?
No, that's not correct.

Without the Pro Extension all tracks are mixed down to stereo, and this mix is sent to the audio output. This is what one would typically do.

If you have a multichannel audio device the Pro Extension allows for things like routing tracks to audio output channels directly. This can useful if you want to use external (hardware) effects processors for example. Looks like you don't need this.

Giel Bremmers
Thank you, I'm buying MTS.