USB powered hub a must for Behringer UMC204HD?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
cmillar

USB powered hub a must for Behringer UMC204HD?

Post by cmillar »

Hi anyone...I'd like to confirm that it seems as if I'll need a powered USB hub in addition to the Apple Camera Connector in order to use the Behringer UMC204HD with audio into the iPad?

I have it working with MIDI input into my iPad Air and MTS....just seeing if any other users are familiar with the UMC204HD?

It's working fine with my external MIDI controller coming into MTS. I'm gathering (from other web sources) that this device might need a powered USB in addition to the Apple connection in order for audio to flow into the iPad.

Anyway....brilliant job on MTS for iOS !!!!!!

I've been a MOTU Digital Performer user for over 20 years, and your MTS is very amazing for iOS. I can't believe how comprehensive it is on an iPad.

Makes me want to check out you MTS Professional for the Mac world for sure just to see the functionality.

Great job and congratulations!
cmillar

Re: USB powered hub a must for Behringer UMC204HD?

Post by cmillar »

All good!

I can report that the Behringer UMC204HD does work beautifully with MTS iOS!

A powered USB hub must be patched in between the UMC204HD and the Apple Camera Lightning adaptor/charger.

Once you learn the Behringer knobs (....no manual!) and adjust for playback/input controls, etc., then everything is great.

FWIW.... the Behringer is an amazing audio device for its price....you get 4 separate outs, inserts, A/B outs, and genuine MIDI inputs and outputs.

Plus, the Midas mic preamps are quite fantastic for the price.

I'm even more impressed with MTS iOS now that I can have total MIDI control of SynthMaster iOS and Waldorf Nave opened up as Audiobus apps in MTS!