Leslie Rotor

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Drdrdaddeo

Leslie Rotor

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

First, many thanks for the excellant drawbar organ sounds available from your built-in MTS INSTRUMENT link. I am recording "Whiter Shader of Pale" using your very cool Drawbar organ patch. I need to use the Leslie Rotor effect with it and be able to turn the Leslie on and off at various places throughout the song. Using the automation feature, i don't see any way of switching the Leslie effect on and off. What am I doing wrong? By the way, changing the AMPLIFIER drive has no effect on anything in my iPAD PRO when I use the rotor patch (with either a MIDI track or an audio track). Automation does allow me to automate wide changes to the Amplifier drive, but those changes have no audible effect on the rotor function.

Thanks
Support

Re: Leslie Rotor

Post by Support »

You can switch between slow and fast speed using the Modulation MIDI controller (#1). You can even record this controller along with the notes using the built-in keyboard. Note that this only works with the rotor that's built into the MultitrackStudio Instruments. It doesn't work with a Rotor effect in a track's effect slot.

This slow/fast switching is what organ players typically do, rather than stopping the rotor altogether.

I'll look into the Drive knob. Looks like something's wrong there.

Giel Bremmers
Drdrdaddeo

Re: Leslie Rotor

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

Thanks Giel. Yes, the modulation wheel does indeed switch the basic leslie sound between slow and fast on the built-in rotor of the selected MultiTrackStudio instrument. Also, it seems the modulation option under the MIDI Controller Editor can also be used to draw in any value between O (slow) and 127 (fast) any place within a MIDI Track providing the same Leslie on-off effect wherever it might be wanted to the same built-in MTS instrument sound. This was very useful to me in automating Leslie on-off changes to my MIDI track after it had already been recorded. And as you mentioned, the MIDI assigned modulation value has no effect on the ROTOR Effect option which might otherwise also be assigned in the track effect slot. In fact, the ROTOR Track Effect isn't really required at all to provide leslie effects. However, the ROTOR option does seem to have a dramatic effect on the overall SOUND of the built-in MTS instrument. Thus the combination of the MODULATION settings and the ROTOR effect settings (especially after the variable Amplifier Drive is fixed) should provide plenty of options for both modulating the instrument sounds and its leslie effects. Thanks again.