Import 24bit from AudioShare?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Littlewoodg

Import 24bit from AudioShare?

Post by Littlewoodg »

Hey Mr Bremmers
Should I be able to paste 24bit .wav into my audio tracks?
If so, it’s not working, the tracks end up empty
Support

Re: Import 24bit from AudioShare?

Post by Support »

I think that should work if you use 'Paste from AudioShare'.
What kind if file did you copy? Copy/Paste actually just passes a file. Perhaps it's a file MTS can't read for some reason.

Giel Bremmers
Drdrdaddeo

Re: Import 24bit from AudioShare?

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

If you use AudioShare, copy-pasting into MTS is a snap. Just open your desired .wav (or other suitable file format such as .m4a or .MID) in AudioShare. Then press the Audiocopy button below the file in the playback window, and chose either General Pasteboard or AudioCopy3. The entire file in the playback window is then immediately background copied into the iPad's memory. To paste it into MTS, simply open MTS, chose ADD TRACK, then press Import Audio/Midi file and choose General Pasteboard or AudioCopy3, whichever has the file copied within it. The Audio or midi file you copied from AudioShare will automatically be pasted into MTS as new track (Audio or Midi depending on the file format being copy/pasted) and ready to be given a new name if so desired, as well as ready for full MTS playback, editing, mixdown, etc., etc. Works perfectly every time.

I tend to compress all .wav forms into the much smaller, but lossless .M4a file format before copy pasting into MTS. THE .M4a file is about 1/10th the size of a .wav file but the sound is indistinguishable, so less ipad storage memory is required. A typical multitrack song in .wav format is about 85MB in size....to big for e-mail attachments. The same song compressed to 6-8 MB can be essily attached to most e-mail and sent across the internet without using DropBox, iTunes, etc. AudioShare will also interconvert .wav, aiff, .caf and .m4a file formats. Very handy.