Virus

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Robomusic

Virus

Post by Robomusic »

I am rather frustrated, first i could not get the program, due to a problem with the download service, now my anti virus claims the file has a virus, so i am afraid to open it, plus windows won't let me open it, it says i do not have access. Anyone else having the same or similar issues?
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

Hey Robo,
not sure what the problem may be, I didn't have any problem downloading and everything works fine. Not sure what to say other then to contact support for help.
Good luck
Support

Post by Support »

FWIW: There is no virus in the MultitrackStudio setup file. I think so, and my McAfee virus scanner does too.

Sometimes virus scanners report 'false positives'. After a bit of googling I've found the NOD32 virus scanner was incorrectly considering the setup file of another program, which uses the same installer software as MultitrackStudio, a virus last week. So maybe it's that time again.....

There's a small chance the setup file was infected by a virus on your computer. If you want to be sure you can delete the MultitrackStudio setup file, and then do a full virus check on your computer. Now download the setup file again. I think it's now safe to install it, even if your virus scanner should still complain.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

That is what i suspected, okay i will do that this evening, but i am still having problems with the fact it won't let me open it. I will report back what happens.
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

ASIO4ALL was also being labeled a virus but I think it's clean too. People recommend it a lot so it must be virus free.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Personally i don't like asio4all it is just a wrapper that makes WDM act like ASIO, i would rather have the real ASIO.

Anyway i did a new download with no problems.
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

Hey I'm glad your download of MultitrackStudio worked.

I tried to use ASIO4ALL before I got an ASIO soundcard and it didn't work because it required a WDM driver on my computer which I didn't have.

However, other people have used ASIO4ALL and have had success with fairly low latency with it.

I wouldn't care about which thing I used to get ASIO. The sound has to be good, and that only comes from a good soundcard. And good soundcards usually have ASIO.
nickb2008

ASIOforALL.......

Post by nickb2008 »

No problems downloading the latest version of MTS. Norton Anti-Virus was quite happy......

ASIO4ALL....Have to agree on it's abilities. Used other ASIO drivers to pretty poor effect. Switched to ASIO4ALL, and now use a latency of <10ms and ASIO buffer size of 256 samples :shock:
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

If you use ASIO4All you are not using ASIO, you are using WDM wrapped to imitate ASIO.
Mac

Post by Mac »

A well written driver should not inherently sound any better or worse whether it is for MME, WDM or ASIO.

At the end of the thing, they all make PCM digital audio happen.

ASIO was invented by Steinberg way back when as a better solution to the latency problem of streaming digital audio in two directions at the same time on the hard drive, it is all about giving the digital audio stream ultimate priority.

With the advent of WDM drivers, the latency gap was greatly reduced between the two, with ASIO still usually taking a slight edge.

Those who want to play midi synths or samplers in realtime and record them are the ones who can benefit the most from ASIO drivers.

Those recording "only" one or two tracks in at a time of audio only may not have any perceptible differences between the two drivers.

True multitracking, where you need to record multiple input channels while monitoring more at the same time, is likely best done with a good ASIO card and robust drivers, although there are plenty of people doing it succesfully with the WDM drivers, too.

--Mac