PreSonus Faderport

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
bschopp

PreSonus Faderport

Post by bschopp »

Has anyone tried using a PreSonus Faderport with MTS?

It seems to interface as an HUI device. I can get the transport controls to work, but I can't get the mute/solo/rec, the pan or the fader to work.

When I use the "learn" mode in the control surface configuration, the fader seems to generate data, but doesn't actually work when I try to use it. As for the pan and the mute/solo/rec buttons, the learn mode doesn't seem to be able to see them at all.

Any advice on how to use this device as a control surface?

Thanks
Support

Post by Support »

Did you load the "HUI Compatible" preset in the Control Surface Settings window?
bschopp

Post by bschopp »

Yes I tried that. Basically, only the Start, Stop, FF and Rew worked with that preset. The numbers in the other functions were very different than the numbers that were configured when I used learn.

The Faderport is basically a single channel control. The HUI preset seemed to be for an 8 channel controller.

The Faderport has 6 rows of buttons/controls and a fader down the side. The primary problem I am having is that the first row of controls, which are Pan, Mute, Solo and Rec don't seem to be recognized at all. And the fader doesn't seem to work.

All the other buttons seem to do whatever funtion I give them.
Support

Post by Support »

So basically everything works except for the things that control tracks. Have you tried using the Faderport's 'previous track' and 'next track' buttons? Or try adding a lot of tracks and see of it controls any of them. One would expect it to default to the first track, but you never know.

HUI has 8 channels by design. The Faderport has to pretend it has 8 channels in order to be HUI.
FWIW: the Frontier Design Alphatrack is a similar one-fader device, and it works fine in HUI mode.