More info about Loudness Wars

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
NystagmusE

More info about Loudness Wars

Post by NystagmusE »

Saz

Post by Saz »

Good site.

I remember when the CD first came out, one of the major selling points was "vastly increased dynamic range".

Maybe the slamming wars have gone on long enough now that a return to the actual musical use of that range would be regarded as new, hip and cool.

Of course that presupposes that people know where the volume control is - and how to use it. :)
Mac

Post by Mac »

So do we really need a separate organization to place themselves in charge of certifying what sounds good?

I don't.

I let my purchasing practices speak for me.

And that's the free market at work.

All ya gotta do is refuse to buy junk.

The rest will take care of itself in due time...

--Mac
Saz

Post by Saz »

Ya don't know, till ya know...

I think any organization that makes (non-techie)folks aware of the "other side of the coin" in the loudness war is a good thing.

Mac

Post by Mac »

In my view, they'd be better to go at from the educational standpoint, then, teaching consumers not to put their money into inferior product.

What the Recording Industry needs least of all at this point is yet another private "beaurocracy" that will all too soon become what all other such becomes.

The Wave Police.

Of course, such gives many bragging rights, I can hear it now, "MY CDs are all CERTIFIED."

"What's the BEST (insert something here)?"

I'm not a hate kinda guy, but I do hate that forum question. :evil:

Ignorance will always be bliss, just smile. And wave at the people.

--Mac
gbat

Post by gbat »

"What's the BEST (guy to share a forum with)?"
:D

Hi Mac!!!

Downloaded MTS lite for my new lappy. I am liking this.

I have automatic certifiers in my head. They are connected to my wallet and my feet. 8)