Question about Automation

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
mixont70706

Question about Automation

Post by mixont70706 »

This is the question, I have over 2 hours of audio that needs to be mixed and incorprated into a video as the sound track.

I have broke out the songs and mixed them with some success (you can hear on the music side of this forum), but due to needing to stay in the video time line I need to automate effects turning off/on, channels mute/enable, change effect defaults.

I could break all the songs out and mix,save and put back in the time line, but it seems that you shouldn't have to do that. Any ideas?
Mac

Post by Mac »

There are ways to do this.

Format is important to know, though.

In the old days we sync'd videotape playback to the DAW using SMPTE and did all the audio work on the DAW while the videotape and the SMPTE stripe on it kept things in sync.

Today, there are software programs that emulate that using digital video formats. Vegas comes to mind handily but there are others.

You might be able to sync up the format you have with the MTS DAW.

--Mac
mixont70706

Thanks Mac

Post by mixont70706 »

Thanks for your response Mac,

I pretty much ahve the Video sync and re-sync down, we are using a combo of Vega and Magix video editor.

The main thing I guess I was asking is there a way to automate changing effect defaults and enable/disable channel muting in a 2 hour recording in MTS.
Saz

Post by Saz »

You can automate nearly every control(knobs and faders) in MTS - Volume and Effects. Just right-click a knob or fader to bring up the automation editor.

You can also automate many Vst plugins - right-click the grey area on the right side of a Vst widow (the non-control area) to bring up the automation editor if available and select the parameters you want to automate.

Then it's just a matter of picking timeline control points and dragging your envelope.

Check the Help file for "automation" for more (and probably better) info.

HTH
mixont70706

Thanks

Post by mixont70706 »

Thank you for the information,being new I am just looking to learn. I read the manual, but guess I just didn't realize that it was capable of it. Even though chapter 11 is all about it.
I plan on trying it out soon as I get a break.

Terry