Live rehearsal with two instances of EZDrummer

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
shkgrad

Live rehearsal with two instances of EZDrummer

Post by shkgrad »

Hope someone can help me here. :?

I use a drum machine that allows me to assign MIDI channel and note number independently for each pad. I set up the machine to trigger two instances of EZ Drummer (EZD) one for drum parts and one for percussion. In Toontrack?s Solo this works perfectly. In MTS, I can only hear one instance of EZD at a time and only when I open the EZD user interface.

I tried to open the EZD UI for each track and it won?t let me. I messed around with the monitoring and still can?t get it to work.

Is there a way to get what I?m after without recording the tracks?

Thanks all,
SHKGRAD
Theun

Re: Live rehearsal with two instances of EZDrummer

Post by Theun »

shkgrad wrote: I tried to open the EZD UI for each track and it won?t let me.
Yes, you can open only one VST(i) GUI (or MIDI port or wheel organ GUI etc) at a time.
shkgrad wrote: Is there a way to get what I?m after without recording the tracks?
Yes, and it's rather easy once you've got used to it.

Each time when you add a new track, this track will be in "playback" mode.

At the left of each track's mixer channel strip you'll find the "play" and "rec" buttons. When the track is in "playback mode", the play button is green.

Now click on each channel you want to hear the "rec" button ("play"becomes grey, "rec" becomes red), and normally you should be able to hear both channels. As long as you don't start transport, nothing will be recorded.

I hope this works for you, regards,

Theun
shkgrad

Post by shkgrad »

Thanks Theun!

Arrgg! I read your suggestion here at work and now I'm wondering how I can get out of here and go home to try it... lol. Hey it's worth a days pay!

Thanks again,

SHKGRAD