Emulator X2

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
drnick

Emulator X2

Post by drnick »

E-MU EMULATOR X2. Anyone use it with MTS 4.31? We have a few problems. Most likely a Window's Vista issue. When using as a VST instrument it is almost impossible to play in real-time using a external keyboard controller. A lot of pops/glitches and time delays. Works perfect as a "standalone" or in other DAW's such as FL STUDIO, SONAR LE. No problem when "freezing" or listening . It's just when you touch a few keys. Done all the latency things, etc. Perhaps the new E-MU X3 is the answer?

Soundcard is Edirol UA101, Midi Controller is Edirol PCR-800, computer is DELL E521 Dual Core with 2GB RAM.
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

Did you try using ASIO driver settings? If so, what buffer size are you using?
Adjusting the ASIO buffer is usually the way to go for reducing delays and sometimes stopping glitches.
drnick

Post by drnick »

YEP....tried all the ASIO driver settings....right up to 133ms :shock: , still the same issues. Interestingly in FL Studio 8 and Sonar LE the setting was right down to 8ms with no glitches, etc. So it's a strange one.... I know the EMU X2 is not exactly VISTA-friendly so there may be something there....

Thanks
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

Hmmm. that is mysterious. Sorry that it's not working out just right. I suppose you could try out the WaveRT Vista audio driver, but I have the feeling that ASIO is better. At least you know that you tried doing what needed to be done. I suppose you could even try out WDM, just for kicks, but I still think ASIO is likely to be better.

It's rare that all VST(i)s work in all hosts. There's just too much variation in how VST(i)s are programmed. There is a standard, but it's not perfectly clear and people still deviate from it when making VST(i)s and hosts.
drnick

Post by drnick »

Tried a few options including the ever-useful ASIO4ALL. It sort of works better but you still sense that little delay between key press and sound. Enough to make it annoying.

Tried the VISTA SET and WDM as well. Same problem, if not worse :evil:

Shame though, the standalone version works perfectly right down to 8ms latency and barely any CPU usage, using all the ASIO, WDM, VISTA options...... :shock: :shock: :shock: