V5 preview #1: Introduction

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Support

V5 preview #1: Introduction

Post by Support »

I'll be posting some "sneak previews" in the next couple of weeks describing MultitrackStudio 5.0, which is planned for September.

Version 5 is about you, the user!

A lot of work went into analyzing existing features. Should every user be able to find it? Does it trick people into doing the wrong things? Can you shoot yourself in the foot easily? Can't it do it right automatically without this knob? Does anyone really understand it anyway? The important things are now more obvious than they've ever been.

Of course there are also new features. Some address challenging situations you could find yourself in every now and then, others allow advanced users to do things quicker.

There are tons of little details of the kind that makes things easier but never makes it to the "new features" list.

The user interface has changed a bit to be more like one would expect a Windows program to be. OK buttons have moved to the bottom-right corners of the windows, and the "edit boxes requiring Enter" shouldn't confuse anyone any longer.

Version 5 comes with 5 color themes you can choose from: 3 new ones, and 2 'classic' ones having the classic looks with either dark or light editors. The new ones look more up-to-date, and do away with useless distractions like corner screws.

Hey, no worries! Version 5 isn't all that different from older versions. In fact it's more "MultitrackStudio" than it has ever been. It's just easier, more powerful, faster and more efficient.

Giel Bremmers
Bremmers Audio Design
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

We'll be waiting with eager anticipation.
drnick

Post by drnick »

PHEW :shock: :shock: :shock: cannot wait until September. Tempted to hold off recording anything serious until V5 comes out. Sure there will be some goodies there.... :D :D :D
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

Sounds very good Giel. We definately appreciate your craftsmanship and your art. Your technical and musical craftsmanship enhances our musical craftsmanship as well. As eager as I am, I'd say take as much time as you need. Do what you think is right. :) :P :D Rock on Giel! :):):)

I'm holding out for v5 too. In the meantime I think I'll be collecting some audio rhythms and homemade riff loops and stuff... and cleaning and optimizing my PC. So far so good. I'm still gonna make some tunes. But I have a really good feeling about v5.

I know realistically all software releases go thru different phases of deployment and edition, but it just seems like MTS has been on the right track all along and has dodged many of the pitfalls of other VST host/sequencers, so the ground is fertile for MTS growth. Even if it takes getting to v6, or v7, seems like the MTS project is a good kind of investment.

All I can say is thanks Giel.
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

I didn't think it could get any better! Now I'm curious. Even though version 4.31 does more then I'll ever need, I will be bying version 5 regardless just to keep the ball rolling. I owe that much just for the support you have provided to me. Ancious for version 5.
:wink:
Thanks Giel,

Andre