V5 preview #9: Song Editor

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Support

V5 preview #9: Song Editor

Post by Support »

Until now there's one situation in which you're rather unfortunate in MultitrackStudio: consider a song with MIDI tempo changes, lots of automation and markers. After some time you decide bar 22 should be 4/4 instead of 3/4, and bar 37 should be removed. There's no easy way to do all this.

Enter the Song Editor! It's designed to insert or delete parts, and it affects "everything":
- Audio / MIDI files opened in the tracks
- Tempo and Time Signature
- Chords and Lyrics
- Markers
- Automated Fader effects
- Automation data (Pro Plus edition)

Click for screenshot of Song Editor
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

Ah yes! This is definately useful!

I use markers extensively when composing verses and choruses and bridges and placing them in different areas. But I've also started doing more automation of effects and faders. This song editor sounds just right for the reasons you mentioned.

The consideration of varying time meters is really cool and allows for greater artistic expression and adventure. 8)

There's a song called Midnight Bloom by electronic masterminds Shulman and Bluetech that starts out in 7/8 time and changes to 8/8 time at some point in the middle to end of the piece. Midnight Bloom is one of my favorite tunes and it will be cool to have the ability to do changes like that.
http://www.audiojelly.com/index.cfm?act ... ?id=138854

Pop rock pianist/singer/composer genius Tori Amos has quite a few songs that switch meter up quite a bit.

It will be great to have more tools to allow for more non-conventional music.

Thanks Giel! :D
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Nice. The screen shots suggest a modern sleek design, looking good.
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

By the way, Giel, what does the little "C" in the upper left hand corner represent?
Support

Post by Support »

That's a button to show the song's chords, as they appear in the Chords Editor window, in the track's editor. Not a new feature btw.
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

Pretty cool. Typically I use song markers to denote chord changes. I've never used the chord feature. I'll have to give that one a go. Thanks.