MTS 2.8 for iPad update

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Colrik

MTS 2.8 for iPad update

Post by Colrik »

Hello!

I really enjoy the last update of MTS for iPad, in particular the multi-midi editor feature, and the extended ways of cutting a midi note in odd parts.

The new multidirectional operations functionality is fine to.

What could I ask as requests?

Maybe an improvement would be to see the percentage of stretching when changing the selection length.

Another improvement could be to set program changes in a track….

A third one would be a simpler way of boucing. In fact I cannot convert a Midi track (played by IAA or AUi) to audio on the fly.

Let’s say I have written a complex but wonderful midi sequence on a Midi channel played by iWavestation.
I want now to convert this sequence on another track as audio. I cannot find the way to do that, I tried different ways but in vain…. All I can do is to export this complex and wonderful sequence in Audioshare, close MTS, open Cubasis, import the sequence in a track with the adequate instrument loaded on it, and bounce it in Cubasis, where this operation is quite simple.

I must have missed something.

Congrats for the soft!
Support

Re: MTS 2.8 for iPad update

Post by Support »

Colrik wrote:A third one would be a simpler way of boucing. In fact I cannot convert a Midi track (played by IAA or AUi) to audio on the fly.
You can open the MIDI track's editor, select all, and copy-and-paste it to an audio track editor. Drag-and-drop works too.

Giel Bremmers
Colrik

Post by Colrik »

???!!!... it works! I can't believe it! Thank you!
Support

Post by Support »

It works the order way round too: you can copy/past or drag (monophonic) audio to a MIDI track and it will be converted to MIDI.

By the way: if you longtap a MIDI track's name box a menu pops up. There's a "Copy to new audio track" option that does what it says on the tin.

Giel Bremmers
Colrik

Post by Colrik »

Hello,

I see, in the last version of MTS for desktop, a 'show percentage value while stretching a part' function: I bet it will be included in the next update for the iPad version... :-)
Also, why not a 'Select left' as there is already a 'Select right'?
... and a Step Record mode would be welcome for fast entry.

Congrats for the soft.