No playback on Vista after recording

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
4thspace

No playback on Vista after recording

Post by 4thspace »

I'm running Vista Home Premium with MultitrackStudio Lite 4.3.0.0. I have my digital instrument plugged into the mic input of my laptop. I record a wav track and save. Now when I try to play in iTunes or WMP, it doesn't do anything. The play button changes but the tracks never move forward. They seem to remain in a paused state. If I reboot the machine and don't use MSS, all is well.

BTW, youtube will playback fine regardless.

Is MSS compatible with Vista? It says so but doesn't seem to be.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Things like WMP and ITunes are Embedded programs that work with almost any sound card and OS, where Programs like MTS, Cakewalk, Cubase, are far more complicated, and less plug and playish, they require far more setup as they have far more features to integrate itno the system. Making Midi and audio play well with DX and VST technology is a different horse. While MTS is Vista ready, most sound cards are not. they may do simple thing with Vista, but complicated tasks push their limits. Hopefully someone will come along and bring a good idea to the table. But in the meantime go to the Cakewalk forums and llok around for a post on Vista and a link to Microsoft that help make the typical sound card drivers work better with Vista. I saw it there about two weeks ago.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Things like WMP and ITunes are Embedded programs that work with almost any sound card and OS, where Programs like MTS, Cakewalk, Cubase, are far more complicated, and less plug and playish, they require far more setup as they have far more features to integrate itno the system. Making Midi and audio play well with DX and VST technology is a different horse. While MTS is Vista ready, most sound cards are not. they may do simple thing with Vista, but complicated tasks push their limits. Hopefully someone will come along and bring a good idea to the table. But in the meantime go to the Cakewalk forums and llok around for a post on Vista and a link to Microsoft that help make the typical sound card drivers work better with Vista. I saw it there about two weeks ago.
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

There is some good info about Vista and audio here: http://audioforums.com/forums/forumdisp ... e2f2e&f=44
4thspace

Post by 4thspace »

I tried the latest sound card driver but that didn't help. I'm a laptop that came with Vista installed. The user experience rating is 4.4. The hardware is all Vista compatible.
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

I think the next thing to do is email support@multitrackstudio.com