vista and the card

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
ravenmusic

vista and the card

Post by ravenmusic »

Hi

I recently suffered a major crash on my computer and had to buy a new one, luckily I recently backed up MTS files. For various reasons I went with the new vista with core 2 duo processor. So far so good, MTS seems to work well. The core 2 duo processor is a gem, it can easily handle three instances of the cpu guzzling moog modular v. My old celeron processor seemed to struggle with one vocal audio track.

However, the one big draw back. M Audio haven't as yet updated the driver on the delta 2496, suppose they will at some point. So I've been taking a look at external usb/firewire sound cards something like the audiophile usb audio/midi interface which is vista compatable. This maybe a bit of an expensive way of getting around not using the onboard cheap sound card but it looks like it might be a solution.

I've tried to do google search for decent info on external cards but have only found sites trying to flogg me something. Any comments or tips on this would be appreciated.

cheers
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

These guys have been trying to work out audio on Vista: http://audioforums.com/forums/forumdisp ... e2f2e&f=44
ravenmusic

Post by ravenmusic »

MtHope, the link to audioforums proved very helpful.

cheers
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

:D I'm glad I could be of some help :D
nickb2009

Post by nickb2009 »

We use a Dual processor (AMD 64 Live) computer with Windows Vista Home Premium and recently upgraded with a Edirol UA-101 USB sound device. Have to report after the usual "issues" (a USB port on the computer mainly :o ) it is a very useful piece of equipment when used with MTS.
ravenmusic

Post by ravenmusic »

Thanks nickb, I picked up a used Audiophile USB, it works really well with Vista Home Premium and MTS.
nickb2009

Post by nickb2009 »

Thanks....glad to see you have found a good USB peripheral. These early days of Vista are interesting. But it does look like a few of the sound device people are getting their act together :shock: