Edirol UA-25

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Anf

Edirol UA-25

Post by Anf »

Hi ive got the Demo when i try and record a track of Guitar using right channel of Edirol UA-25 USB Soundcard, the sound is really quiet compared to exactly the same settings as my other sequencer, if i can get this working,i am looking to buy full version,as it has been reccomended to me because of FX etc...

Is anyone else using Multitracks with this USB Card Please

if i record a stereo file the right side is ok,when i do a mono file and select right channel in the input it is really quiet
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

What driver are you using? asio or wdm? Remember that asio is always stereo.
Anf

Post by Anf »

asio,i didnt know that about asio, in my my other sequencers i can choose left or right,

is there a way to covert stereo to mono?
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

I think you should email support@multitrackstudio.com to find the solution to this issue.
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Anf,
select Studio/Devices, and have a look what driver you have selected. Then select Settings to see if your soundcard is recognised. Have a look at the HELP File by pressing F1. search for drivers, asio, devices, and winsound. It explains it better than I can. It is normally a setup problem which can be solved by reading the manual.
HTH
Anf

Post by Anf »

Thanks Guys

I've tried all variations as in Manual, the workaround i've found is to record stero track and then copy it to mono.

I think this must be specific to my USB Card as if i try win drivers i dont get an input option on main screen..
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

have you got the latest driverset for your operating system? If you record with just one channel onto a mono track, then you should get a good sounding track. Sorry i can't be of more help. Try calling support as Mr.Hope suggested. If he's not away on vacation I'm sure he will help. There must be an easy solution.

edit: I just noticed this in the help file under devices, maybe it can shed some light on the subject.

The input channels of the audio device being used are assigned to recording Audio Tracks in order of appearance. I.e., with a stereo device and two mono tracks the first (upper) track will record the left channel, and the second (lower) track will record the right channel.