no midi when mixing down please help

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
guy the fly

no midi when mixing down please help

Post by guy the fly »

help please. When i mixdown all my tracks to a master my midi files dont come through. They werent even raising a level on the master anyway,so i thought this problem would arise eventually. I have tried to do what the manual says about muting all other tracks and changing the midi to audio etc but still not working. This might sound easy to you guys but I am new to home recording :oops: Any help appreciated. guy the fly in australia
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Hi Guy,
I assume that you are using your keyboard sounds to generate your music. If that is the case then the only way you will get these sounds to record is to hook up the headphone output (or line out) to the mic of your pc and record in good old analogue. If you are using the mts sampler then as far as I can see all you need to do is "save as .." and give the track a name and a .wav ending.
HTH
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

I agree with SinBad except instead of using a mic input on your computer soundcard, use a line input. By the way, you can also do the "Save As..." trick with VST instruments.

Remember, MIDI only transmits data commands, not sounds.
guy the fly

Post by guy the fly »

thanks Sinbad and Mr Hope. Yeah, was easy,just hooked up the Out to the In and yeah just like recording audio. In fact it sounded nice. Used a double out jack so I could use headphones as well. Thanks again. guy the fly in aussieland