Recording Jamstix2 midi out

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Support

Post by Support »

Andr? Giroux wrote:As I said in my previous post, I need to figure out how to output the drum so that I can add EQ, Compressors and reverb to each individual drum peaces.
If jamstix is on the screen there's an "Output" button on the right hand side (in the metal colored MTS part of the window). If you click it you get a mixer window that can mix down the eight outputs jamstix provides to stereo. You can also insert effects on individual jamstix outputs here.

You'll have to set up jamstix to route, for example, the snare sounds to an output other than the default one. Then you can add effects to the snare in the Output mixer.

Hope this helps,

Giel Bremmers
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

Got it.
In Jamstix's kit window there are 5 routing options starting from all the pieces to 1 single output to 8 output routing separate drum pieces. Choose the appropriate

Voila jamtix outputs for different drum pieces (in the metal colored MTS part of the window) outputs with the effect slots. :D

Thanks Giel,

One thing that would be very handy in jamstix output window is level meters for each ouputs.

Andr
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

The easiest way to get effects on each piece of the kit would probably be to load everything into a midi file and then copy each instrument to its own track. That way you could use the sampler and something like free nskit with all the effects your system will support. Crikey you could put Phil Collins out of work that way :lol: