any MP3 import crashes MTS

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
ehrichweiss

any MP3 import crashes MTS

Post by ehrichweiss »

I know that MTS isn't really for importing and manipulating MP3's but ALL mp3's are causing MTS to crash. I need it because I'm trying to use Zplane's Peel to extract vocals from songs for remixes and the like. I could convert everything to WAV by hand but MTS is supposed to do this for me. Note, this happens with every single mp3 I have. I've tried seeing if it was low-quality, etc. but everything crashes it.
Support

Re: any MP3 import crashes MTS

Post by Support »

Did the program ask you to send an error report? If so, did you send it?

FWIW: I don't see any problems with opening mp3 files.

Giel Bremmers
ehrichweiss

Post by ehrichweiss »

No, it never did ask me to send an error report. It crashed with no notifications, etc. whatsoever.

Are there any programs like lame or the like that I might need to use this feature? I have no clue why it would cause issues. I currently have it installed on a Windows 10 machine so everything should be mostly up to date.
ehrichweiss

Post by ehrichweiss »

Here's exactly what happens.

https://youtu.be/7HY42eiELGc
Support

Post by Support »

Oops, that's bad.
ehrichweiss wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:49 pmAre there any programs like lame or the like that I might need to use this feature?
No, MultitrackStudio uses the mp3 decoder that comes with Windows.

Would it be possible to send a copy of that mp3 file to support@multitrackstudio.com ?

Giel Bremmers
ehrichweiss

Post by ehrichweiss »

Thanks. I figured out what the issue was thanks to that last response of yours. I had previously removed Windows Media Player(I don't like it) and apparently if you do that then it removes the "Windows Media Pack" as well. One of those two packages contains the mp3 decoder. I re-installed and it works fine. That's all I needed on that. Thanks again.
Support

Post by Support »

Great!

You do need the Windows Media Pack indeed.
I tried uninstalling the Windows Media Player, hoping to reproduce the problem. Oddly, this doesn't cause any problems.

Giel Bremmers