TC Helicon VoiceLive 2

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
HostDad

TC Helicon VoiceLive 2

Post by HostDad »

Is there anyone using any of the TC Helicon hardware with MTS. I just got one (VoiceLive 2) to play with for adding harmonies and would like to use MTS as my DAW. I've tried to get it to recognize the USB device, but it doesn't seem to see it as a mixing type device. Any solutions?

Thanks - Rick
Support

Re: TC Helicon VoiceLive 2

Post by Support »

AFAICS the device can serve as a recording device.

Please send a report (see http://www.multitrackstudio.com/contact.php), so I can see your setup.

Giel Bremmers
HostDad

Post by HostDad »

Thanks for the help Giel. It turned out to be quite simple once TC Helicon got back with me on a couple of questions. This is for Windows, although there may be something similar for MAC. VoiceLive2 can be used as you would any other USB mixer. Connect the mic. Connect the USB connection. In Windows, go to "Sound" and enable VoiceLive 2 for playback and enable VoiceLive 2 for recording. You DO NOT have to set them to default. Start up MTS. Go to "Studio", "Devices", "Audio Driver Type: Windows", "Select Devices", "Audio In Device" = "Analog Connector(?-VoiceLive 2), "Audio Out Device" = Analog Connector (?-VoiceLive 2), "OK", "OK". This should now give you the ability to use VL2. The "?" in the connector menu is just which USB port your Windows unit is using for VL2.

You can also use this device as a USB processing device. Follow the same instructions without the mic. There are some special settings on the device that make it work as a vocal processor. It does a great job at cleaning vocals as well as a harmony machine. This has replaced many of the VSTs I was using and simplified vocal settings tremendously. If you need other info, I can post that also, just let me know. It's a great combination to use with MTS.

Rick
Dr.Faisal

Post by Dr.Faisal »

I need some help with TC Helicon Voicelive 1. How to save the mix levels, so that every time it's powered up, I don't have to manually adjust them? The manual says that these settings can be saved in IO/Utilities, however I can not see any parameters to that effect in those settings. Any help will be highly appreciated. 😎

(P. S. I know Voice Live 1 is quite ancient, however, I love the analog sound it produces, so still sticking with it.)