how to control the bitrate of the mp3 encoder

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
GuadalupeSullivan

how to control the bitrate of the mp3 encoder

Post by GuadalupeSullivan » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:53 am

is there a way to set the bitrate of the mp3 encoder used when exporting an audio track to mp3 ?

i am using the lame encoder. i tested with medium, high, and very high quality and each time the resulting mp3 was encoded in 128kbps. i would rather use 192kbps, which, i my opinion, is a good compromise between audio quality and file size.

(what about other encoding parameters: joint stereo (meh !) or full stereo ? i know that i can export a wav file then use the command line tool to convert the wav file to mp3, but having the ability to set some parameters directly from MTS would save me some headaches each time i want to export an mp3)

Support

Re: how to control the bitrate of the mp3 encoder

Post by Support » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:23 am

GuadalupeSullivan wrote:is there a way to set the bitrate of the mp3 encoder used when exporting an audio track to mp3 ?
That's what the Quality setting is supposed to do. Which version of MTS do you use? I recall there was something wrong with this at some point, but that's years ago.
GuadalupeSullivan wrote:(what about other encoding parameters: joint stereo (meh !) or full stereo ?
It uses full stereo of course.

Giel Bremmers

moxol

Post by moxol » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:38 am

In my version 9.1 bitrates are:
Medium = 56 kbps
High = 128 kbps
Very high = 256 kbps

tmon

Post by tmon » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:21 am

I also use 192kbps mp3's for the same reason. I usually just take the high rez file from MTS output (.wav) and transcode it in Audacity, which is an open source app.