Help, please. How do I hook up to my computer?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Aston

Help, please. How do I hook up to my computer?

Post by Aston »

Hi Can anyone help me with my question about using this MultiTrackStudio software and the powered mixer I have?

I want to use MultiTrackStudio in my Windows XP computer and I also want to use my powered mixer that has the mics plugged into it for my drumset.

My question is, "how do I hook up the powered mixer to the computer once I have this MultiTrackStudio software installed on my computer?"

If anyone can tell me this, I would sure appreciate it. Thanks.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

What kind of mixer is it? Does it have a tape in and out? and a main out?those can be used at times
Aston

Post by Aston »

Hi. My mixer is a SamsonTM500. And, yes, it has a "Tape In" and a "Record Out". I've been running a cable from the "RecordOut" into my camcorder for recording. But it is not a great way to record. So I thought I would get the MultiTrackStudio Software for WindowsXP and run the wire from the "RecordOut" on the mixer to my computer. I'm just not sure how I plug into my computer. Would I plug it into the place where my computer speakers are plugged into?

I just want to make sure I can actually plug my powered mixer into my computer so that I can use the MultiTrackStudio software to record instead of using my camcorder.

Thanks for responding to my question. I do appreciate it.

I have to go now. I'll be online again tomorrow. Thanks, again.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

I believe that line out of the computer to the tape in on the mixer, and record out on the mixer to line in on the computer should have you rocking and reeling. that will allow you to monitor the mix with headphones from the mixer and also attach a set of speakers to the main outs as well
Aston

Post by Aston »

Thanks for the info on hooking my mixer to my computer. I'll give it a try.

By the way, are you in Oceanside as well? I was surprised to see that locale beside your name. Do you play any instruments? Do you record it with MultitrackStudio? I'm just curious, if you care to respond.

Thanks for the info.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Yep another O'sider, I play the guitar fairly badly, and try to record it from time to time
Aston

Post by Aston »

Hi again. Sorry about the delayed response to your response. I think it is cool that you are also in Oceanside. Are you by any chance an AOL member? Because I was wondering if I could email you a couple of other questions about the MultiTrackStudio software. If you would prefer to stay with the forum though, I understand.

By the way, I liked what you said about your playing. Most people say how great they play. It's refreshing to hear otherwise. And, people who under sell their playing are usually better than they say.

Please let me know if you care to field anymore of my questions regarding MultiTrackStudio.

Thanks,

Christine
Oceaside
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »