Ghost tracks!

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Robomusic

Ghost tracks!

Post by Robomusic »

Sometimes when i do a vocal and there is a mistake in it I will open another track and do another take. Then take the good part and copy and paste it over the bad part. Next i select all and delete the second take. Then i copy the repaired track to the second track. The problem i am having is that when i play back the track the old part that i pasted over will play as well i can hear and see the difference in the wave file, then if i hit stop and rewind a few measures the wave file now look and sound the same? I hope that explains it well, and that someone has a suggestion
Tunemaker

Post by Tunemaker »

I've noticed this happening to me a few times .. I still don't know what causes it .. I think ( But I'm not sure ) that hitting save after every edit and unselecting the part it seems to work better for me ..
I would edit a part, Play it back but it played the before edit .. but if I rewound a little and play it would be all good .. Then playing back from the start it would revert back to the before edit playback, rewinding slightly would revert back to the post edit playback ??? Yes I am still confused about this but try what I mentioned above and see if it works better for you .. Like I said I'm not real sure if thats the answer but in the couple times its happened to me I THINK it helped .. :? :?
mcairenius

Ghost track?

Post by mcairenius »

How is that a Ghost track? That is a good way to fix an area in a vocal track. It means you dont have to do the whole vocal track over just to fix
a mishap. 8)